What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hobbit Preview Meet - Blackpool - Date TBA

Luke, I wonder if its anything to do with that mode where the volume was getting a bit loud, am sure that had something to do with Wargs and it seemed like points were being scored over and over quickly without hitting anything, maybe the coil was firing repeatedly at a fast rate or something.

Now, if this was a Stern.......... ;)

Probably, only problem with a mode/feature you have never seen before is you don't know what it is supposed to be doing.

It does seem that there is a software bug, the switch was picking up spurious hits, and causing the coil to pulse, but no sensible limit in the software to stop it from pulsing till it melts. I assume there is some sort of support forum to report bugs to JJP?

Isn't JJP's tech guy Lloyd supposed to be really good at resolving issues, maybe best get in touch with him

Its the Warg that broke and it was the Warg bash mode that seemed odd. Maybe the switch was registering which should pop the Warg down then back up (like the spider one), so maybe the switch was registering over and over causing the coil to keep firing all the time? Might be complete ******** though :)

Does anyone know if you can disable broken mechs in the software (like you can on Sega, Stern, Williams etc) as I can't see it

@windoesnot this is not a case for Lloyd, I am the first port of call.

I have the switch and the coil in stock but I am short on a coil sleeve with a flange for this, same as getaway shooter @chris b have you got any?

Yes I did say to wait until December didn't I @Adrian Hufton

Phil

After playing it at the wknd, was really impressed with it even though I've never read the book or watched the films. However can someone explain why it has a top right flipper and I don't think I saw anyone get a extra ball ?

Last edited:
After playing it at the wknd, I was really impressed with it even though I've never read the book or watched the films. However can someone explain why it has a top right flipper and don't think I saw anyone get an extra ball ?
The early designs of it showed 2 upper flippers, one each side almost symmetrical iirc. They then ditched 1, and the 1 remaining one doesn't seem to have any real purpose....ie nothing it can hit that can't be hit from the lower flippers. I haven't played it yet so maybe it's usefulness will reveal itself :)

There are shots specifically for the upper flipper, not many and not over sure of them, I think one is to kill Smaug and I think others will follow with code.
I think the Hobbit is a game where you really need to own it to understand it, it gets very little love from a lot of people who have played it on location but most owners love it to bits (reading Pinside and I really shouldn't).
Sure they are not going to admit otherwise but in a fair sized collection it is different and that's not such a bad thing.
Setting it up right is essential and makes a big difference to how it plays (again what I have read).
Will be interesting to get a report from Luke in a month or so when by then he should know pretty much every shot on the game.

From my play time with it, I'm finding it very enjoyable. I use the third flipper to bash the Orc and Goblin bash toys if the ball's coming out of the pops. Also after coming out of the pops after a few hits a shot is lit-up to hit the ARF targets. I think that 'Kicks over a Barrel'. I'm also loving the 'Into the Fire' multiball mode that's earnt from collecting 5 runes.

Back
Top Bottom