What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Hobbit Pre-Order

Expired Due to no activity

Dave Bishop

Site Supporter
With the wait that I have endured, and the realisation that these things are too damn big I am thinking of selling my Hobbit pre-order.

Smaug LE with RAD decals. Should be coming around JUNE as I asked for it early.

RRP Is £9000 not icluding the RAD decals these are £300 Extra.
I'm looking to get my money back, and a little more for the 'wait' and investment.

Looking at around £7400 So an immediate saving of £1900 for those wanting a Hobbit.

Last edited:
There may be a early shipping fee, which I will pay so the new buyer doesn't have to. The game is all paid up.

4yrs is long enough to wait in my opinion. And due to personal reasons and space I have decided to sell it.

My prerogative I think!!

Indeed it is, however had you had this impulse a month ago we could have avoided this early shipment which was done FOR YOU and your desire not to wait a moment longer than possible, now you don't even want it! annoyed.com

Well I'm paying for the shipping aren't I?
Me and 2 others.

And if I remember correctly Phil when I tried to cancel MONTHS ago I got a shirty email from you & Jack.

Yes I did order a MM remake from you and then cancelled it 1 week later when they announced it would be an unlimited run....2years before they eventually came out and for that I was threatened with not being able to buy a machine from you again! blackmailed.com

Anyway I'm not getting into a public slang match! I still have a GBLE on order which I believe will be here in not too long!

(ignoring the most recent message)

Yes but that doesn't cover the effort from me organising this for you, for nothing now!

I think when you sent a email a few months ago, you were questioning the viability of JJP so I sent it to Jack and he replied before I did.

I don't think your recollection of the MMr story is true, I had loads of people chop and change with no problem at all. So I would check your facts on that one, I think it takes multiple messing around incidents to get on the "never getting dealt with again" list.

Yes, GB LE should be coming soon.

Phil

4 years ??????? holy wait batman, and the you have to pay extra to get it here early :confused::confused::confused::confused:

how did tilt get theirs ?????

Phil I do have the email trail to back up my statement. Yes I asked to cancel part due to uncertainty of JJP, but emails before this did ask to refund and I got the bottom paragraph. Yes I asked cancel my MM years before it came out. The add on was the number 84. It was May 2015 I asked to cancel add on of RAD decals for Hobbit. Once again at least 9monghs before Hobbits were being built /parts or decals ordered, see bottom paragraph.

image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 43
I remember. I agreed to refund. You changed your mind and wanted it again.

So that was that.

I stand by the rest of my email.

Phil

You've forgotten to put the word 'pinball' in the title!

That's what 99% of pin buyers search for

Dave is that your Hobbit up on Ebay?

I'm also a preorder, how sure are you that I won't get my game until December, surely that's Phil's business?

I asked for mine to come early, Phil did honour that request, which I am greatful for, i wish I could keep it, but it's either Hobbit, GBLE or TBL. Or sell 2 or 3 of my others.

Do u guys pay for these in full before they come out? I am looking at getting my first pin soon and found 2 sites that do finance deals.

For a first pin you'd be better off getting a Bally Williams game from the 90s for £1000-2000

Not a brand new thing that costs 7 or 8 grand, that's crazy money.

Never bought a NIB before (tempted a couple of times) but if I do then it will be from Phil at Pinball Heaven due to service and reliability - would look closely at these 'finance' deals as more than likely you will be paying more - interest rates are low at moment so you can get good deals from banks or zero interest credit cards with a free toy ;)

Mr Blue Nose, seriously don't buy a NIB using a finance deal:eek: Buy a good 2nd hand machine first to see if you like owning a pin. You can sell it for a similar value you bought it for. Buying a NIB is seriously expensive and potentially risky. For every TWD that comes out there is a Wrestlemainia. Who knows what the code will be like in the future? Trust me, paying in advance for a game is not an easy ride.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Dave. I'm sure someone will love to have your Hobbit. Still can't quite believe that you held on for so long and won't get to play it. Hope GB and TBL are great

For a first pin you'd be better off getting a Bally Williams game from the 90s for £1000-2000

I agreed with you for a minute, but then when I thought about it, is it not better for someone new to pinball to buy a new in box pin?

If they buy from @philpalmer, like this pin here, they get a warranty and support, rather than trying to have to work everything out when they have no previous experience dealing with issues and servicing?

Additionally any popular new pin these days, you can play it for a few months and then sell it on at only 250-300 off the new price (or sometimes even full price is supply is lower than demand)

Its not for me, as I am more of a fix up old basket case pins kind of guy, but for the inexperienced, you are getting a trouble free pin owning experience for £250-300 for a year of fun, then you get to try something else.

I'd totally agree with this. Buy a good condition used game that's decently rated, maybe from someone on here, and see how you get on.

Then again it must be nice to buy NIB so if you've got several thousand £s kicking around you can afford to lock into what is, when all is said and done, a toy, feel free! :)

Guys i guess it depends on funds. If you have the money get yourself a NIB and luke is right. If you haven't got the money and are keen to try for a pin to see if you like it get yourself a decent second hand pin for 1-2k.
If i had the funds i would defo go for NIB. Must be nice to be the first one to play a game. New toy. :clap:

If I was a newbie joining the hobby now, I'd want a MM and a TZ and a AFM first, then whatever game I remember from my heyday.

Back
Top Bottom