What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hobbit Help - Calling all Hobbit Owners

JAG555

Site Supporter
Hello,

Just set up my Hobbit BA (WOW by the way!) and I am loving it.

However, I am having an issue with the left ramp / Right wireline, where the ball keeps popping out and landing just above the Hobbit Hole (rear right of the Playfield). It does this at least 50% of the time, probably a bit more.

I have done some reading on pinside and people have suggested raising the pitch and also lowering the Flipper power. My pitch is at 7.0, but I haven’t looked at my default Flipper power yet.

My questions are:

1) Has anyone else had any issues with airballs / ball leaving the left ramp / right wireline?

2) Does anyone have a fix?

3) Has anyone adjusted their Flipper power?

I just thought I would ask before playing around a bit.

Cheers! And I have to say, really happy with my choice to go with the Hobbit!

Actually just checked mine and having played about with flipper strength and pitch over time ended up with higher than default flipper strength but super steep pitch, back levellers set very high.

Makes the game faster and more fun with less floatiness

Actually just checked mine and having played about with flipper strength and pitch over time ended up with higher than default flipper strength but super steep pitch, back levellers set very high.

Makes the game faster and more fun with less floatiness

Thanks for the reply Mark. Any idea what your pitch is? Mine is at the top of the feet measuring 7.0 at the flippers. I cannot go much further.

Also, do you know what you set the flippers too. I have let it settle today, but I will check the left to right tonight, as it was late when I set it up last night.

Ok using the pinguy app, I get 6.7 at the flippers and 8.0 near the top!
Flippers are left 23, right 25.
I believe the default is 22?

I did fairly recently increase the strenghs as Ifound it difficult making the ramps except for a shot when holding the ball first, and I have been getting a few ramp fly offs since as it really flies round them wireforms!

Just play about with it see if you can get the sweet spot being able to make the ramps without the ball falling off the wireforms. (And still getting a fast game, all others I’ve played are set up to play slow)

Just a little update, still playing about the Flipper strength and Pitch, but cannot seem to get it right. The ball is leaving the wire form about 50% of the time. It looks too low to me on the left hand side of the wire form, so maybe I need to add a small bit of foam or something.

Any other thoughts appreciated.....

Also have another issue with the top right Flipper not firing every time I press the Flipper button. I have tested the switch through the menu and it is all working fine, I guess it’s the leaf switch? Does that sound right? Sometimes it fires and other times it doesn’t. But disappointed with this issue, as it’s NIB with 12 games played!

Again, help or suggestions appreciated.....

Cheers!

Does it fire every time if you operate it via the coil test?
Yes it's the 2nd leaf switch on the flipper. When you test the switch through the menu, how much travel is there before it operates?

Does it fire every time if you operate it via the coil test?
Yes it's the 2nd leaf switch on the flipper. When you test the switch through the menu, how much travel is there before it operates?

Fires every time in the coil test. I didn’t know there was a test switch, so I will look for that.

I have our Hobbit setting on tile in the back to get it steeper than the levelers will allow. I'd check your wire form to make sure that there is not something out of spec or bent in a way that would contribute to the number of airballs you are getting.

I have our Hobbit setting on tile in the back to get it steeper than the levelers will allow. I'd check your wire form to make sure that there is not something out of spec or bent in a way that would contribute to the number of airballs you are getting.

Thanks for the reply. I have sorted the Flipper issue, which was the leaf switch.

I also moved the Hobbit into where I wanted it to stay and levelled up the left and right, with a 6.7 degree pitch. I also have it a good wax.

That seems to have rectified most of the issues with the right wire line, although it does still pop out sometimes. I will take the wireline out next time the glass is up and see if I can make some adjustments.

To be honest, 6.7 degree Pitch is more than enough for me playing wise, so I wouldn’t want to go much higher at the minute. I think I will also play about with the Flipper strength.

Nearly there though!

Back
Top Bottom