What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hobbit Air Balls

Stags6969

Registered
Alias
Bilbo Stag
New to owning a machine and not sure if I have something set up wrong or not, so would like a bit of advice.
Seem to be getting the balls leaving the table quite a lot. I understand that mechs or drop targets popping up will cause this, but even without any mechs causing this, I still seem to be getting a lot of air.
Obviously don't want to ruin my brand new game if I have something wrong.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

Are the balls getting air after hitting something? Or coming off flippers?

Have you levelled it properly front to back and side to side?

Getting air after hitting something.
Levelled it pretty well with pin guy app, but not actually had a spirit level.
What I did find odd was that when I move the phone around the pitch changes.
6.5 near the rear, and 5.5 near the flippers. Couldn’t understand why.
It does appear to be worse jumping from left to right.
There isn’t much space on the playfield that doesn’t have a mech or Mylar on it to get a flat surface.

I've seen that before on PinGuy. Couldn't tell you why though. No chance a NIB pin is going to have playfield warp.

Put the spirit level on it and it was out side to side, so levelled it up.
Still getting air balls a bit, but this may be normal. I’ll watch a few streams and see.
Also getting the ball falling off the wire forms before they get to the end.

You could try reducing the power level of the flippers. That way tagets etc will be hit with a little less force!

I had to reduce the power on my flippers to stop the ball flying off the wireforms. Play about with the flipper strengths to find the sweet spot, too low and it’s hard to make the ramps, there’s a fine line. (But I do have my machine set steep to reduce the floatiness)

I briefly Googled "Hobbit airballs" earlier and found a thread on Pinside where someone posted a ball in the exact same location, so I don't think you're alone if that's any consolation.

I had to reduce the power on my flippers to stop the ball flying off the wireforms. Play about with the flipper strengths to find the sweet spot, too low and it’s hard to make the ramps, there’s a fine line. (But I do have my machine set steep to reduce the floatiness)
Mine are set at default of 22, I’ll turn them down a little later and see if it helps.
Think it’s the diverter on the left wireform that’s causing an issue.

Had same problem with mine when I first got it, even though it wasn't new.

I carefully bent wire forms slightly, and ball hardly ever comes off now.

Balls would also get stuck on top of barrel, so added a bit of rubber to stop that.

Back
Top Bottom