What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HLD (again)

Likewise I haven't dealt with HLD but think the problem with them initially was the fact that they were being sneaky, initially pretending to be just a normal private buyer possibly knocking price down, then after sale being agreed, etc saying they were HLD which is what miffed some sellers.

If they are now being more open /up front then fine as at the end of the day they are a business and need to make a profit and if they pay the asking price or more then great.

Ok it takes a machine out of pin info world as HLD prices are highly inflated but their market is footballers, city slickers, etc who have more money than time and have probably never heard of pin info or other pinball forums.

Also the sale money is then more than likely invested in another purchase on here so pins keep moving around :)

New games are now sooooo expensive that they have made older games 'seem' cheap. So, HLD can snap up all the old games as their buyers just see them as being cheaper than NIB. £9500 for a Stern LE

I really don't think that's the case at all. HLD buyers are a completely different kettle of fish. That's not somewhere you go shopping if you're constrained by budget.

I suppose it depends on your viewpoint. HLD buy machines and quickly sell them at a profit to make a living which seems fair enough cos they are making a living.
A pinball enthusiast buys a machine and sells quickly at a profit is someone accused of ‘flipping a machine to make a quick buck’
No difference between the two as far as a transaction goes but ... is there a difference ?
Discuss [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like HLD mainly because I just won a John Borg signed translite on their weekly Facebook comp, superb! I don't think anyone can really have an issue with what they do. They cater to a different market. Capitalism innit

I like HLD. I like what they have to offer. Its aspirational stuff. I like watching their videos on YouTube. But I can't really see myself buying anything from them until I've made my first million...and then it'll be an Ami Continental rather than pin. They bought my first pinball off me with no drama and for more than I wanted for it - which took some of the pain out of my next pinball purchase. That said, I'd rather people didn't under sell their machines on here and create profit margins for dealers. Once it's gone to eBay it's fair game of course.

Back
Top Bottom