What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hitler's take on Stern Code

How many unfinished games do they have now? Xmen, Avengers, Metallica, Star Trek, Ac/Dc? Not sure why people keep dropping £6k on LEs that will most likely never get finished?

Seen it applied to about 5 other topics, battle between Toshiba HD and Sony Blue-ray being one but this is still funny as fook and more to the point, it's true.

V. funny! Remember the good ole days when machines were released after extensive testing. We were paying much less cash for a finished product. Stern and JJP are just taking the p*ss really. Shouldn't be allowed, IMO, the amount they are charging for NIB the machine should be fully working straight from the box.

Heh. Strange that new ST V1.30 code has just been released when others are still waiting...

I chose not to watch this when first posted because like Dreads, I have seen so many of these. This is quite funny and easy to laugh at because I haven't ever bought a NIB so it is not personal to me.
I also have no idea if it was any better back in the high days of the 90's. If the ease of doing a USB update means the companies are more likely to ship earlier knowing they can quickly get the new code out in the following week and months. It doesn't surprise me that ST gets code updates as I suspect there are programmers still working on the development rather than post-delivery updates.
When you buy a NIB, what development post delivery is promised? Have Stern ever allowed the code to be released to the community to work on?

Can't speak for Stern but JJP have fallen into a fairly regular pattern of code updates every 4 weeks or so

How many unfinished games do they have now?
WoF - Disgrace and unfinished sad as had real potential
Xmen - Complete rehash of the code, still not perfect but could be considered finished (has loads of multiballs and modes and everything works)
Avengers - Finished but crap code
Metallica - Not finished but plenty in there
Star Trek - Only just released
Ac/Dc - Finished but can be polished
Woz - Nowhere near but plenty in there

Not sure why people keep dropping £6k on LEs that will most likely never get finished?

Because they can, because they're new, because they might miss out?

After WoF, plenty of people said they would never buy Stern again, it was disappointing as the game had so much going for it. But buy we still do, the layout is important but it's the code that really does make the difference in a game. Tron and IM are pretty shallow code wise but are both awesome games, shows you don't have to make Apocalypse Now (WoZ) to impress the masses

Back
Top Bottom