What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High speed

Rodders5711

Registered
Alias
Rodney
Hello everybody, I have a Williams High Speed which I have had fully operational for the past couple of months. I replaced the 11a board with a new rottendog and everything is good, except on the playfield there are what look like two large blue lights that never light. Even when I do a light check. They each have two or three bulbs within them. My question is what are they and when should they light?

These are flashlamp so they will light in solenoid test (solenoids 5 and 6) I can’t remember exactly when they light in gameplay but someone on here will know! Are any of your flash lamps working - eg the ones in the red domes?

By the way this post would have been better in Technical Questions and Help, so maybe you could repost it there (or @Paul could move this one?

These are flashlamp so they will light in solenoid test (solenoids 5 and 6) I can’t remember exactly when they light in gameplay but someone on here will know! Are any of your flash lamps working - eg the ones in the red domes?

By the way this post would have been better in Technical Questions and Help, so maybe you could repost it there (or @Paul could move this one?
Thanks for the reply. All the red lights flash. I should have posted in tech questions and I’m not sure how to move it now.

All the red lights flash.

Can you go through the solenoid test to confirm the blue lamps don’t light?

If they don’t it is possible the lamps have blown, also on that age of game the flashlamps are attached to resistors on small boards under the playfield so worth checking on those that there are no wires come adrift.

Hi, now Xmas is out of the way I can get back to more serious considerations. I have carried out a solenoid test and the blue lights do not flash. I have tested the bulbs and they are all ok. I have located the resistors under the play field and all wiring is good. I have also noticed that the left hand hide out/kick out lane is not illuminated while the right side is. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

All fuses are ok. Checked all the under field resistors and they all read the same so I am assuming there are no problems there. My brain is starting to hurt!!

Back
Top Bottom