What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi From Peterborough.

Breweryman

Registered
Hi my names Dave ,Been into pinballs on and off for most of my life since I was a kid and used to go round to a local cafe. Been a while [ nine years since I owned some ] . I've convinced my partner we have space for a pinball , just one in the house . I always liked to keep my pinballs frost free. I've a budget of about £2,500 at the moment maybe a little more . If its as it used to be I doubt there are many pinball owners in my area so will have to travel to buy . Which as I'm off work at the moment is a problem . Next problem which to choose ?

Welcome to the forum Dave :thumbs: There's a few pinball owners in your neck of the woods and a few a bit further out like me (in Notts). Get yourself along to a Midlands pinball league meeting if you can :) @Kate Morris can give you the details if you're interested.

There's a heck of a lot to choose from with that sort of budget to play with. Best of luck finding what you want

Thanks for your replys . The midlands pinball league sounds interesting . Once I'm back at work I'll try and have a look. I don't know which pinball to go for , the only ones I've played lately has been spiderman and the new star trek . Don't find many in the pubs I work in these days . The last I owned were future spa, spacestation ,high speed , excalibur ,and judge dredd but that was a while ago .

Hi Dave,

£2500 will get you a good range of different machines.

You might just get a Spiderman for £2500 but probably would need to stretch a couple of hundred higher. The new star trek is probably more than this as well. Loads of older titles will be in your price range.

Going to a meet would be a good start. There's also the London Pinball Championship in May where there should be a load of machines to play if you want to get a better view of what's available.

Cheers

Dave, welcome to Pinball Info.
Get to the league meets near you and to any show to play as many machines as you can to get a idea of what machine you fancy.
Good luck if finding your machine.

Hi Dave, sorry for the delay in responding, i don't come here often :) We have a league meet on Sunday, it would be great if you came along. If transport is an issue I can try and help get you a lift if there are people close by or en route. drop me a PM or an email (hoochtheseal at msn dot com) with your email address and i'll add you to the mailing list - that way you'll get notified of the league meets and machines to play etc.

Cheers

Kate

Hi Dave,
The East Anglian Pinball Show is on in Ely soon. Its about one hour by car from Peterborough and there will be tournaments on both days (27&28 June). Go to www.eapse.simplesite.com for more details. This is a charity event to raise funds for the British Heart Foundation.

Btw, did you buy a pin and if so what did you get?

Hi rowansalger1973,
Thanks for the info on the Ely pinball show . If things go well I will try to make it. I have not got a pinball yet but am in no rush , I'm a tortoise type person who gets there in the end.
I keep changing my mind on what sort to have so maybe the show will help me with what type I'd like . Playing one or two would be good. Thanks , Dave .

It'll be great if you can make it and I'm sure there'll be plenty of people to talk to about buying a machine. I'll be there both days as I'm hosting the event so if you do make it come and say hi.
Rowan

Hi rowansalger1973,
Thanks for the info on the Ely pinball show . If things go well I will try to make it. I have not got a pinball yet but am in no rush , I'm a tortoise type person who gets there in the end.
I keep changing my mind on what sort to have so maybe the show will help me with what type I'd like . Playing one or two would be good. Thanks , Dave .
Hi breweryman. Just thought I'd introduce myself as I'm in 'boro too. I bought my first pin 4 months ago and looking for the second already . I also went to Ely show which gave some ideas.Did you get one yet? Maybe we could prolong the 'life' of our pins by swapping for periods in the future? Just a thought,
Cheers
Andy

Hi my names Dave ,Been into pinballs on and off for most of my life since I was a kid and used to go round to a local cafe. Been a while [ nine years since I owned some ] . I've convinced my partner we have space for a pinball , just one in the house . I always liked to keep my pinballs frost free. I've a budget of about £2,500 at the moment maybe a little more . If its as it used to be I doubt there are many pinball owners in my area so will have to travel to buy . Which as I'm off work at the moment is a problem . Next problem which to choose ?
Hi breweryman. Just thought I'd introduce myself as I'm in 'boro too. I bought my first pin 4 months ago and looking for the second already . I also went to Ely show which gave some ideas.Did you get one yet? Maybe we could prolong the 'life' of our pins by swapping for periods in the future? Just a thought,
Cheers
Andy

Cheers
Andy
Hi Andy
I still have n't got round to getting one . Things at work have changed and I don't know whether to spend the money now. In the past I always found my pins enjoyed by the people who lived close to me . I will most probably get around to it and will let you know when I do. All the best . Dave

Back
Top Bottom