What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all

SimonB

Site Supporter
Hi all,

just been introduced to the forum. Played my first pin last year “Roadshow” on holiday, spent most of my time playing it in the hotel due to getting put on lockdown, caught the pinball bug.

have ordered GnR LE but in for quite a wait and looking for my first pin in the meantime, preferably Munsters.

cheers all

Welcome Simon! Balls deep on the GnR LE... i like it. Shouldn't be too hard to find a Munsters it's a marmite pin but good fun

Tim

Welcome Simon! Balls deep on the GnR LE... i like it. Shouldn't be too hard to find a Munsters it's a marmite pin but good fun

Tim
Cheers Tim that’s definitely great to hear as I’ve had no luck finding one on eBay, marketplace distributors etc

Hello and welcome. Good luck with your Munsters search, can't say I've play one but just to echo what Strobey said it definitely divides opinion. Stick in a wanted post and you may get lucky.

Hello and welcome. Good luck with your Munsters search, can't say I've play one but just to echo what Strobey said it definitely divides opinion. Stick in a wanted post and you may get lucky.
Can I ask why it is a love/hate pin. From what I’ve seen on ipdb ratings are high and videos I’ve seen seem good. Is it the lack of the lower playfield on the pro or is it something bigger? Yep will put a wanted, just holding fire at the moment as currently converting the garage into a little pinball den, so should be ready for pins mid/end of June, so don’t want to mess anyone around if I can’t buy straight away.

Hi and welcome aboard.
There are better (and cheaper) games than Munsters out there.
the world is your oyster with so many good games to discover. Enjoy!

The code on Munsters is lacking. It’s not a terrible game but just didn’t draw me in when I had one. Probably the weakest of the new LCD sterns. But if it floats your boat then that’s great

The code on Munsters is lacking. It’s not a terrible game but just didn’t draw me in when I had one. Probably the weakest of the new LCD sterns. But if it floats your boat then that’s great
Thanks for the insight John, really like the show, so the theme pulled me in. Have been looking around at the newer pins as not confident on the technical aspects if anything goes wrong with the older pins. I’m going to pinfest this year so may hold fire until I’ve played a few more

I really like Munsters, as does Neil who will be along shortly to sing its praises no doubt 😄

Its not the deepest of rules but is good in a collection, I wouldn’t recommend it as an only pin though due to the easy nature of the rules. it does look amazing though with some of franchies best art...

The main people that dislike it are competitive players, they don’t really rate it. I would advise getting a game or two on it before paying out for it though..

I really like Munsters, as does Neil who will be along shortly to sing its praises no doubt 😄

Its not the deepest of rules but is good in a collection, I wouldn’t recommend it as an only pin though due to the easy nature of the rules. it does look amazing though with some of franchies best art...

The main people that dislike it are competitive players, they don’t really rate it. I would advise getting a game or two
Cheers Ian, I got the green light from the wife for the GnR, then again for the Munsters due to the wait for the GnR. I’m sure I can sweet talk my way into getting a third to balance out the collection 😁

Hi all,

just been introduced to the forum. Played my first pin last year “Roadshow” on holiday, spent most of my time playing it in the hotel due to getting put on lockdown, caught the pinball bug.

have ordered GnR LE but in for quite a wait and looking for my first pin in the meantime, preferably Munsters.

cheers all
I’m in SE London if you fancy a drive over and play a game or two... none are for sale 😷
Alan

Thank you very much for the offer, I may just take you up on that offer soon enough!
Honestly anytime bring a friend or family up to you, the games room is in the garage at the end of the garden.
Im sure Covid rules change from the 17th of May but your sort of in the garden playing these 😷

Honestly anytime bring a friend or family up to you, the games room is in the garage at the end of the garden.
Im sure Covid rules change from the 17th of May but your sort of in the garden playing these 😷
Cheers Alan I’m in Grays Essex so just a stones throw from you. Will drop a line once the rules change. All the best Simon

I just want to say how great this forum is! Everyone is so friendly and happy to share their experiences and opinions with a newbie. I’ve had offers to try some pins to get a better idea as to what machine I want, it’s brilliant!

thank you all!!!

Cheers Alan I’m in Grays Essex so just a stones throw from you. Will drop a line once the rules change. All the best Simon

I’m only in Medway mate, so same offer applies, 5 pins here you’re welcome to come and try anytime [emoji106] Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank
I’m only in Medway mate, so same offer applies, 5 pins here you’re welcome to come and try anytime [emoji106] Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you very much Andy!! At this rate I won’t need to buy my own pin 😂

cheers Simon

If you get a chance, come over to Flip Out (we open again on the 20th) we have 63 pins at last count and all for 10 quid a visit!

I will be there tonight dropping JP2 off!
Cheers Matt will definitely add you to my pin tour once all up and running!

Cheers Matt will definitely add you to my pin tour once all up and running!

Simon,
I’m no match for 63 pins, But!! I will throw in lunch, tea and coffee on tap Free entry lol.

joking aside flip out is well worth a visit very friendly bunch of guys & girls me and my brother went a couple of years back, the only down side is your wanted list of pins goes up.
Alan

Last edited:
Simon,
I’m no match for 63 pins, But!! I will throw in lunch, tea and coffee on tap Free entry lol.

joking aside flip out is well worth a visit very friendly bunch of guys & girls me and my brother went a couple of years back, the only down side is your wanted list of pins goes up.
Alan
Thank you very much Alan I’m getting the red carpet treatment aren’t I! 🤣 I would have gotten into pins a long long time if I’d known

Key thing with games is to try and play it for a good amount of time before you make a call on whether you want it. I played munsters a lot initially but the code was just poor and didn’t get any better. With GNR and munsters I’d say consider that thoughtfully and for you to think deeply on that one. You might Want to consider a more flowy pin more variety pin like iron maiden, Star Trek, avengers iq, Metallica against GNR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Key thing with games is to try and play it for a good amount of time before you make a call on whether you want it. I played munsters a lot initially but the code was just poor and didn’t get any better. With GNR and munsters I’d say consider that thoughtfully and for you to think deeply on that one. You might Want to consider a more flowy pin more variety pin like iron maiden, Star Trek, avengers iq, Metallica against GNR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you Neil, I will try and get some game time on the ones you’ve said, was also possibly considering Stern Jurassic Park, would that be classed as flowy?

Back
Top Bottom