What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all

GregUK

Registered
Hi all just joined up for technical advice etc and see if any new toys come up for sale!

I own an TAF which I bought a couple of years ago (currently broken DOT matrix blank). It was always top of my wishlist but also fancy an Attack from Mars if a nice one comes up at the right price.

I live in Brighton so would love to here of places locally that have pinballs.

Greg

Hi Greg welcome to the forum, re your TAF DMD if it's totally out have you checked your fuses? Tried undoing and reseating the ribbon cables & connectors? Maybe try taking some pictures and post in the technical section, I'm sure someone will help, or if you've had enough of it let me have it?
Welcome

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Greg! There are a few of us South Coast crew in your area :-D I'm on edge of Brighton.

Pins in town check Pinformer.

Top of my head...... Flintstones in Dead Wax Social, Batman in White Rabbit, Harley in North Laine Brewpub, Ghostbusters in the pub whose name escapes me right now......, Metallica in the Greys.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Cheers all.

Ive had an engineer in but he didn't know how to open TAF so he wasn't going to help much! Ive checked fuses connectors etc. Have called out a chap from Worthing so fingers crossed.

Nice to see a local Grizz. I know an AC/DC machine was in a pub in Peacehaven but apart from that few and far between unfortunately.

Will is in Worthing. And would be useless. No offence Will as you would agree :)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I haven't as I've not got one to try it in. I think the chap tomorrow will do that (I hope) 6 weeks no pinball :(

Asking Will to fix a machine:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Was the DMD flickering or fading before it went blank? Have you tried checking the cables etc? Chances are it might be something really simple

Hi Greg welcome to the forum, re your TAF DMD if it's totally out have you checked your fuses? Tried undoing and reseating the ribbon cables & connectors? Maybe try taking some pictures and post in the technical section, I'm sure someone will help, or if you've had enough of it let me have it?
Welcome

Don't listen to him, he's clearly a geezer. It's worth 500 scrap value but you would have to deliver

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies.

Cheers Grizz and Courtney, Bob from pinballtoys.co.uk came out Thursday. The board had gone plus the dmd. He replaced and my baby is now working again. Great service.

As for staying with one pin, I don't think that'll last much longer!

Thanks for all the replies.

Cheers Grizz and Courtney, Bob from pinballtoys.co.uk came out Thursday. The board had gone plus the dmd. He replaced and my baby is now working again. Great service.

As for staying with one pin, I don't think that'll last much longer!
Board AND DMD ? :eek:
Was it struck by lightning ?

Completely useless "engineer" then!!

Personnel from the large operating companies (ab)using the E-word were the reason I declined the title when I worked on amusement machines. I heard of some that were only allowed to tackle problems solvable with the glass off - they weren't permitted to lift the playfield.

Back
Top Bottom