What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hermes parcels fraud scam advice please

scottydoesntknow

Registered
Hi All,
I have been using hermes for years and years selling my action figures through ebay never had many prob or things go missing which is good, however last week starting from fri i started getting overweight invoices through was like 5or6 i just paid them as thought maybe i made a mistake as i sent around 100 parcels out, then from 12 at night 4am etc i started getting another 8 then another etc all through until sun night, i thought this is strange so emailed hermes and didnt pay those, they still didnt respond but then from this fri again through the night another load came through, some i managed to see what the items where and they are carded starwars and wrestling figures which way nothing a matter of grams i paid for 1kg they are claming they weigh 2.6kg etc which is crazy unless my boxes are 2kg! Had no response so i sent an email to there data protection officer as im assuming its a scam or fraud hack, also copied in there customer service, my paypal now has 38 invoices in it with charges which is mad just wondering if anyone else has had problems recently like this as the weird thing is all my parcels have been delivered and usually hermes dont deliver until these are paid plus i didnt send any parcels last week! Sorry for the super long message just annoyed and trying to figure out if its a scam or hermes scam trying to get extra cash!
Hope your all good
Thanks for reading my rant!

That is damned strange. I've used Hermes for years myself (not in the 2+ Month lockdown period though). I've only ever had an overweight parcel get marked as overweight once and they invoiced me for it.
I hope you don't end up losing out.

Do let us know how it all shakes out though.

That is damned strange. I've used Hermes for years myself (not in the 2+ Month lockdown period though). I've only ever had an overweight parcel get marked as overweight once and they invoiced me for it.
I hope you don't end up losing out.

Do let us know how it all shakes out though.
Yeah ill let u know im the same only ever had 3or4 overweight before and been selling for years and tbh sold over 800 things since lockdown and only had these on my last lot, my courier who picks up.is great she did say the depot was getting really annoyed with all my parcels as i was sending in big chunks wonder if its there attempt to put me off sending! Thank u

This is the sort of thing i sell this was one of the items that matches the invoice, i weighed one that i have here with the boxes i use and weight was just over 600g so it like they added 2kg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-01-21-34-25.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-01-21-34-25.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_2020-06-01-21-36-33.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-01-21-36-33.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 48
Thank u ill have a read, think its just annoying me owing money, i sent another email tonight to the ceo as no one else is replying from hermes

I'm lucky I haven't had any emails (yet). I sent a load out a few months ago that were labelled as zero weight thanks to eBay's fantastically stupid Packlink labelling system.

I just wouldnt pay, and when/if they come back, ask them to prove it...

If they have been delivered.. then they cant really prove it, since they should ideally hold until payment is received if they have an issue...

I've only had one of these, (may have been UPS?) booked through Parcel2Go and that was cancelled as a goodwill gesture. It can rarely be misweighed at the depot if there are 2 parcels on top of each other by mistake, but to have several at once seems to be more than that.

Yeah its real strange never had it before i sent pics of one of them and pics of my figure on the scales boxed the smaller figs way 300grams boxed and the bigger ones just over 600g, had a response after i copied in ceo, fraud/data prevention and customersupport they where fast to reply they instantly cleared the invoice for the one i sent a pic off, with an apology, but looks like ill have to do the same with each one! Although the ceo said he would look into it for me. So will see might be easier to pay then try to match all those invoices with my parcels and just never use hermes again!

I've only had one of these, (may have been UPS?) booked through Parcel2Go and that was cancelled as a goodwill gesture. It can rarely be misweighed at the depot if there are 2 parcels on top of each other by mistake, but to have several at once seems to be more than that.
And u are bang on they said this for the one i sent pics off which the canceled

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-02-15-46-49-1.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-02-15-46-49-1.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 39
That's pretty rubbish that you have to disprove where they've raised an invoice. They should have to prove to you as otherwise your word vs theirs.

I use hermes quite a bit and had a few instances a few years ago of overweight charges. I disputed them, they never replied and I just never paid the invoices.

I've had a few lost parcels with them but even then not easy to get full refund (regardless of cover limit). But RM have lost much higher proprtion in past although both been pretty good last few years.

Thank u everyone im just glad its actually hermes i was so concerned it was a scam hack, and i knew quite a few on here sell on ebay etc atleast i know its actually them messing about so thank u for the comments

Hermes and Yodel are both equally dreadful. I wouldn’t send anything with either of them if it couldn’t be easily replaced. Hope you get this sorted.

I don’t know why anyone would use these two clown outfits - if I know a retailer uses them I won’t deal with them - they are the scum of the earth only City Link with their green ****boxes of doom where worse and I drank a toast when those ****ers went out of business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t know why anyone would use these two clown outfits - if I know a retailer uses them I won’t deal with them - they are the scum of the earth only City Link with their green ****boxes of doom where worse and I drank a toast when those ****ers went out of business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hermes have been fine for me to use, UK delivery usually 2 days after parcel gets picked up from drop-off point, the overseas parcel aggregators that use Hermes for the UK part work well. Usually a case if I want quick send it by UPS, when it doesn't matter if it takes a day or two longer then it often goes by Hermes. Over the years think I've only had 2 customers specifically ask for a parcel not to be sent with Hermes.

Courier prices to the States have been gradually creeping upwards recently, Royal Mail are increasing US airmail prices by about 50% at start of July (new price list issued a few days ago) due to the China-USA trade kerfuffle and less capacity on planes.

Hermes drivers in my area are terrible and I have had to send them google map pictures of where my house is and it still hasn't helped. Twice, a driver has clicked his app to say the item has now been delivered and then driven off because he can't find the house (even with the picture). Their customer support has then been terrible, they are still investigating one of these packages despite me updating the ticket to say the item arrived a day later.

Looking at Hermes. Seems they are still offering a small parcel service, they’ve just removed the medium parcel service and removed the description small and medium. So you now have postable if it’s a letter size, or standard service.

I am using Hermes a lot and have only had minimal problems. I am currently not using Royal Mail as I receive not received emails daily for Royal Mail packets.

UPS have suspended UK to UK services. Their tracking system when used is not fit for purpose and generally lies.

TNT works well generally but their tracking system is appalling

In addition to Hermes I am using DHL who so far have been excellent.

I occasionally use DPD and although their tracking and update service is superior to the rest, they seem not always to get my collection requests.

All of the couriers are overwhelmed at the moment and I have considered suspending all posting until such time as things settle down.

Back
Top Bottom