What's new

Help with CAD / designing a faceplate

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
Hi folks.

I have a desire to make a faceplate for my EM clock project ( https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...score-reels-plus-em-7-segment-displays.45988/)
There is the EM clock and also the EM 7 Segment clock

I fancy a nice brass or polished chrome steel faceplate - with cutouts for the 4 score reels to show their values and some engraving to make it look cool.

I could also go down the laser cut perspex route too as a cheaper option. - Maybe using services of @Colywobbles ?

I have no experience of designing anything like this. So, please. suggestions on what CAD s/w to use and also a pointer in how to get started. Would it be a 2d or a 3d drawing? 2D as it's only a rectangular piece of metal but then again something are going to be engraved whilst others are cut out all togeether, so does that mean I need 3D to specify the depth?

Maybe someone could even do a basic design for me and get me started in the right direction? Beer tokens available!

Many thanks,

Alan

@AlanJ

How about mirror stainless? Send me a sketch, hand drawn is fine and I can get it sorted for you. Regarding the etching, if want it etched then I would suggest cutting the facia out on a laser which can also produce the etching, no need for 3D CAD to do this, it’s very much a 2D process.

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom