What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Help required please

You can have my Roadshow for 1400.00 I’m in Norfolk. Roller coaster tycoon is not IMO a great game compared to the 90’s Bally/Williams games. There some great Stern games out there but that is not one of them :) IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would get to play more games before jumping in feet first.
Saying that, Roadshow is a great game and the price that Ady is selling at is very good. If it is in nice condition and fully working it would be a VERY good game to get started with.

I do like the game ,but the one on eBay, imo has been devalued because of the paint job :sad:
As above posts can't go wrong

I'd say it depends on the theme and if you are bothered about that rather than the games depth and rules. If you like theme parks and rollercoasters then you'd enjoy it I would think. Not sure why it's had a 'bling' sky blue powercoat job though :hmm:

That's good value for a roadshow imho. Easily resaleable and will get your money back if not more at the rate things are going. Wear around the fish is common, but you can get an overlay for it. If in good condition then I wouldn't hesitate.
That RCT sold for about 1200£ last year. I nearly bought it but financial issues whilst I moved house meant I had to cancel. It is a lawlor game though, and I love the art work. However, too expensive when compare to the RS. Love my RS and they look better in the flesh. The heads are massive on the playfield

You can have my Roadshow for 1400.00 I’m in Norfolk. Roller coaster tycoon is not IMO a great game compared to the 90’s Bally/Williams games. There some great Stern games out there but that is not one of them :) IMO
Hi there Ady,yes very intrested in your road show,i have pm you i think (started a conversation)

Nice. Roadshow was the last of my Bally/Williams games to leave before I became a Stern slut.

Blimey that went well!
Well done rhurt5 a great first pin, and nice one ady for helping out at a great price.
Indeed win, win.

Last edited:
RS is a great game & £1400 is a great price, depending on the condition of course.

Top of my want list right now, but you snooze you lose..

Alas that roadshow went to another forum member,it needed just a small amount of cosmetic titillating and as im new i really wanted something to just enjoy ,ive a feeling i will regret my decision but i dont have the knowledge or time to do to much straight away.

Realistically the advice I would give is:

Play as many different games as possible. Even try them out on Pinball Arcade on your phone! Its not like the real thing but you will get a ROUGH idea.

Set a budget!

Prepare to become a bit of a pinball engineer as any game needs servicing and looking after! Even brand new ones!

Find a local pin head who will come with you to look at a game. They will know what to look for.

Do not just think you will get 'one machine' - be prepared to travel the UK upgrading your machine!

Dont overlook 'b' list games. Things like Flintstones are great value for money but not regarded one of the best. For instance I prefer flintstones to the number one games Addams family.

Remember that buying a game off here is always a good start instead of ebay, It tends to be cheaper and you can also get some great advice of members.

I would personally keep away from HRC by Stern.

Maybe look at sub £2000 to begin with. Do not be put off by the state of a cabinet, its the game that counts at that price. Most Bally/William DMD loaded games can be kept going pretty easily! Bit I amplify - ASK SOMEONE TO HELP. It may cost you a few quid, a meal, a few pints....

Enjoy the hobby - it is 95% loaded with great people.

If you buy a game and want to trade it on - its also easier to do that here. Or even to short term 'swaps' with local people......

I offered the Roadshow as it was 100 % working which is a great place to start and in time you could re-rubber when you got more comfortable around the machine. It is easy to get caught on Ebay, so wait for a good machine on the forum. If you want a very clean collector quality machine I understand that for a first game , especially if it’s going in your house. There are quite a few on here from around Norfolk so you might pick up close to home.

Yep im putting it in my house, i new i should of perhaps had that rs but just being over cautious i reckon, its going to be a learning curve but in time i will get the hang of it (if you ever get the hang of it)

Bare in mind most the games you will find for sale unless they are restored, new, home use only or not that old they are going to have wear. Most if not all have been sited and some of them are older than me!

When I started buying games (not all that long ago) it took me a good while to pull the trigger on my first machine. In the end I opted for a very tidy Flintstones from a forum member. It was cheap, Williams and kind of a nostalgic theme for me so I went for it. Regretted nothing, although not the best game ever it was a good intro to owning a pin and getting used to their nuances and learning my way around the machine. Sold Flintstones and bought a Creature from the Black Lagoon, again from on here and have just kind of continued in this way. Buying, playing selling, chatting. It's a fun little hobby but I'd always remember that whatever you buy (within reason!) can easily be moved on again and you can go for something different. Enjoy dude!

Back
Top Bottom