What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed with a pusher

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
Mates got a frooty looty pusher that’s developed a fault (see pics). I know nothing about these so can anyone on here help please. If you wanna pm me I’ll get him to ring you. Thanks Ken
294B76C4-26AB-4678-9BAB-56FE352303F8.jpeg9488AE8A-341A-451B-BC18-8D5BA4DA2F49.jpeg0E53DD75-ABF7-40F9-8463-7EBF3FB492B7.jpeg

I take it this has some sort of pc motherboard in it, as that sounds like the RAM has gone flakey.

Yes PC based, ram is always a problem! re seating it sometimes works, worth a try for starters, the game is on a card that plugs in where a hard drive would go worth re seating that. But to get to all that you need to remove the board above the pc!

Ronnie

At a guess you could have a dodgy motherboard if reseating cures issues.

EASIEST thing to do it to look on ebay for the identical motherboard, swap the processor and fan over and throw some mroe RAM into it.

If the image itself is damaged (probably not on an SD type device) then I suggest emailing the manufacturer and being nice.

Reseating it won't fix it, you will need another pc to test it with using memtest86+.

If there are two sticks take one out and see if the error still happens, if it does swap the stick then you can at least highlight which one has gone bad.

Mates just sent me this. TBH I think he knows as much about this as I do, so basically zero. Think he’d like to talk to someone about this if poss.

That’s the ram not sure if it’s the problem or not I have 2 of them both the same
C80CECD8-D305-4D4C-95A7-9CC9EC2EF20E.jpeg1D6F1DC5-B62F-4C1C-BD18-32C19C1B2180.jpeg

Quite old ram that pc133 sdram. Put just one back and see how it goes for now.

Update if you wanna call it that
Put the ram cards back one at a time and even swapped them round to no avail.
He tells me it also comes up in the display
5th hopper error but to the best of his knowledge it’s only got 4 hoppers.
He’s out of his depth on this. Quite happy to drop it off if someone can have a look. (Ronnie excepted, nothing personal)😊

He found the 2032 battery was flat so he’s replaced it ( No acid damage on the board)
Now when he switches it on, the fan and the lights come on but that’s it. Nothing on the display etc.
Is there a reset button anywhere?

It needs to be running when you change the battery! The bios startup setting will be lost! It will need to be started by shorting the jumper where a switch would be fitted if it was a pc, then bios entered and set to boot on power

Back
Top Bottom