What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

Hi everyone, thanks for accepting me to the group. I have had a few of the old pinballs in my time and would now like to find a newer machine. So will be looking in the for sale and hopefully able to make a deal with one of you soon.

Welcome to the forum, where abouts in Essex are you from? I host an annual Essex pinhead meetup every January (hopefully it can go ahead next year) failing that you're welcome round for a few flips anytime. Always great to see another Essexian on the forum

James

Thanks for the warm welcome. Just moved into a new property so am looking for new pins. So will be looking in the for sale. Any help would be appreciated 👍

Lots of choice at the moment, and lots of good games up there from different eras. What era game are you looking for and what is your budget. Most importantly, what do you like?

Am looking for something newer as seem more reliable than the older stuff nowadays. And as you say there is some good titles about at the minute. Want to spend about 4K per machine and looking for 2 machines as don’t really want to blow it on just 1 machine. Obviously in for a bargain as noticed nothing really moving at the minute.

That ST Pro is a good buy for £4k - although has a sale pending., that might be first come first served.

You will only get a bargain if someone is desperate to move something on, with newer games (i.e. Stern etc) because the code is generally a bit more long lasting, that doesn't really happen. Who knows though, just speaking from my expirience, people on here will put games up at the price they expect.

@CHRIS B PINBALLS has a very nice HS2 - which is under £4k and although a WPC era game, they don't tend to just fall apart by looking at them although admittedly, in my experience you spend longer looking at them than a modern Stern. If it has been through Chris's hands you can buy with confidence.

Well my offer is out there for pins around 4/4.5k price. So if anyone knows anyone or you see my thread please let me know what you got! Looking for something good to play though 🙏

Well my offer is out there for pins around 4/4.5k price. So if anyone knows anyone or you see my thread please let me know what you got! Looking for something good to play though 🙏
That Aerosmith for sale right now with the topper and side rails looks a peach.
For a minty modern pin, I don’t think you would be disappointed.

I have to agree with what's been posted thus far.
In many respects everything is catered for and available.

The Getaway HSll may be an older machine but it's been rebuilt to the very highest standard. It may be old but it's full of new parts. For a first pin it's perfect, not overly complicated but fast and fun.

The Star Trek is just a fantastic game with the best light show and ramps available for the money. I've seen under the playfield too and it's pristine.

Aerosmith is every inch your modern LCD Stern. It's in fantastic condition, looks great, has some fabulous shots and priced well.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about XMen but if anyone has a spare 4k to spend I'd suggest now is a good time to spend it.

Thanks guys for the response really appreciate it. Aerosmith really isnt my theme for pinball but is really an amazing cab if someone is looking for one of these and will truly get a bargain.

Can I ask what a Simpson’s pinball is worth, clean but board keeps blowing so needs replacing or fixed. Any help would be appreciated 👍

Welcome,

I'm Essex too, well that's a lie, I was till a week ago and now I'm just over the border into Suffolk.

Can I ask what a Simpson’s pinball is worth, clean but board keeps blowing so needs replacing or fixed. Any help would be appreciated 👍

Around 4k for a nice one. Could be substantially less depending on general condition and what's wrong with it. TSPP can be a pain to look after, has many breakable mechs.

It not a pinball party. It’s data east Simpson’s. States the sound board keeps blowing.

Non-working (sound board keeps blowing) DE simpsons depends on state of playfield as many are hammered but probably around £800-£1000.

Hey buddy, guessing it is this one... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Simpsons...776699?hash=item1cf17feb7b:g:rzYAAOSw66RfQ-8D

A few signs to be aware of...

1. No flipper rubbers on the flipper bats, not sure why, but thats a red flag to me.
2. I am not DE expert, but why are the nuclear pops that colour?
3. No left slingshot rubber, why? For how long?
4. No close ups of the playfield. So can't comment, although looks bright enough.

Probably £750 over priced, and from an unknown operator source. Operator games of this vintage will generally (always) have issues that will need resolving.

The forum is pretty fair and the price on that TZ you were interested was pretty good when you look at the mods, and another one has come up. You won't get it for a song, like £3.5k, but its not a £3.5k game. On the flip side (get it :p) don't lose your shirt on this either.

Thanks guys appreciate the heads up. Thinking about Tz as nice machine

Tz is a great pin but like sttng it can be a pain to fix when it goes wrong.

better building up to something like That by owning a few other machines first (in my opinion) you could get two decent pins for the price of a tz.

Get over to Flip out for the day and see what takes your fancy. 60 games from all era's. Bound to find something that you like. 👍

Hey buddy, guessing it is this one... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Simpsons...776699?hash=item1cf17feb7b:g:rzYAAOSw66RfQ-8D

A few signs to be aware of...

1. No flipper rubbers on the flipper bats, not sure why, but thats a red flag to me.
2. I am not DE expert, but why are the nuclear pops that colour?
3. No left slingshot rubber, why? For how long?
4. No close ups of the playfield. So can't comment, although looks bright enough.

Probably £750 over priced, and from an unknown operator source. Operator games of this vintage will generally (always) have issues that will need resolving.

The forum is pretty fair and the price on that TZ you were interested was pretty good when you look at the mods, and another one has come up. You won't get it for a song, like £3.5k, but its not a £3.5k game. On the flip side (get it :p) don't lose your shirt on this either.
The pop bumpers are red on DE Simpsons.
The game Itself gets old very quickly so I would avoid it like the plague.

Back
Top Bottom