What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello oooo oooo 👋

Yeah, what have you got for trade?
I love a nice Golf GTi, mine was written off whilst parked by a drunk driver ;(

No, you're right. But I do have to go all the way to seattle to see my family so.... win, win. Would have been rude not to go to the museum. Incidentally, it is run by the rudest man on the planet. I mean so rude it was actually hilarious. I can highly recommend it.
You could go and visit Steve at Electric Circus in Nuneaton. I'm in Cambs too and it's about 1hr 20mins from me. Loads of great pins, modern day back to some amazing classics. They also run a classics comp every Tues night.

No, you're right. But I do have to go all the way to seattle to see my family so.... win, win. Would have been rude not to go to the museum. Incidentally, it is run by the rudest man on the planet. I mean so rude it was actually hilarious. I can highly recommend it.

Welcome aboard Leia :cool:

Surprised to hear about your experience at the Seattle Pinball Museum - in my experience Charlie and Cindy that run it were super lovely people. When they knew I was from the UK we got chatting about pinball people we both knew. Charlie even showed me around the workshop out back and some machines that weren't on the floor . And bought me a beer ! This was a few years ago now, maybe you just caught him on a bad day or maybe he has just turned into a grumpy old man .... it happens to us all :D

Welcome aboard Leia :cool:

Surprised to hear about your experience at the Seattle Pinball Museum - in my experience Charlie and Cindy that run it were super lovely people. When they knew I was from the UK we got chatting about pinball people we both knew. Charlie even showed me around the workshop out back and some machines that weren't on the floor . And bought me a beer ! This was a few years ago now, maybe you just caught him on a bad day or maybe he has just turned into a grumpy old man .... it happens to us all :D
Ah no, there was an older couple there who were absolutely lovely, I totally agree! Just this one guy... swore behind my his mask at my dad, obviously didn't think anyone had heard him, but I did.
Anyway, that aside, it was a great day, I loved the place.

Yeah mine is only the 1.6 but it's so much bloody fun. 62k miles on the clock so it drives like new. I love it but I have another classic cab so it doesn't get driven much.
What’s your other classic cab?

Welcome, most of us are a friendly bunch 😃

I currently own a LOTR, I understand the pain of only owning one, I can only fit one in my house, love it but after two years it might be time for a change.

Your best bet is visit pinball rebublic in Croydon and fun land in bewick street central London, that will cover most games you might want to buy. Chief in Chiswick has a couple but last time I went there a month or two ago two of them where off, out of 5.
The other place is the pinball office but haven't had a chance to visit yet.

Haven't seen an IJ on site yet, (outside of the 90's) but have played it at a fellow pinheadz house recently, it's good, but they go for alot of money. Similar to Adams, not convinced it's worth it, unless of course your a fan from playing it in the 90's

Welcome, most of us are a friendly bunch 😃

I currently own a LOTR, I understand the pain of only owning one, I can only fit one in my house, love it but after two years it might be time for a change.

Your best bet is visit pinball rebublic in Croydon and fun land in bewick street central London, that will cover most games you might want to buy. Chief in Chiswick has a couple but last time I went there a month or two ago two of them where off, out of 5.
The other place is the pinball office but haven't had a chance to visit yet.

Haven't seen an IJ on site yet, (outside of the 90's) but have played it at a fellow pinheadz house recently, it's good, but they go for alot of money. Similar to Adams, not convinced it's worth it, unless of course your a fan from playing it in the 90's
Funny enough, I have an Addams and the only one I've been considering in its place is Lord of the rings. I played it in the states and really liked it. Out of the 50 machines there, it was the one that stuck out for me.

Now we are talking.
Love a Bug. I have a 75, one lady owner before me, the first Beetle I remember seeing as a kid.
That's lovely! I've owned quite a few bugs, my biggest regret was probably the sale of my 1965 bug with factory metal sliding roof. Rare as hen's teeth. Still, you don't see many cabrios on the road or even at shows these days either so...
jqphfj.jpg

Funny enough, I have an Addams and the only one I've been considering in its place is Lord of the rings. I played it in the states and really liked it. Out of the 50 machines there, it was the one that stuck out for me.
I quite like Addams, I might be tempted with a trade or a 6 month loan.

My LOTR is this one

It's been almost totally rebuilt.

The problem with Adams the price range can be massive. Drop me a PM, if interested. Il be upfront it's just a possibility for me, but I have been thinking of a change.

I quite like Addams, I might be tempted with a trade or a 6 month loan.

My LOTR is this one

It's been almost totally rebuilt.

The problem with Adams the price range can be massive. Drop me a PM, if interested. Il be upfront it's just a possibility for me, but I have been thinking of a change.
Same here, I'm not convinced that I want to get rid of mine. I feel I might have instant regret! 😅

Lovely cabrio. Your right about not seeing them so much anymore. They got into a price that meant they were too special for most people to drive about in.
The 65 must have been lovely.
I had a 71 that had been locked in a garage for 20 years but I didn’t have the time to do it. My brother in law finished it this year and drove it to a show in Belgium to road test it.

Welcome @Sharkbait !

Do feel free to sign up for our event in November, registration opens next week. We're in Sudbury, Suffolk, so not too far from you! There's a competition in the afternoon but it's laid back and lots of fun. There's a 'raffle' with fun prizes, lunch is included (and you get cheesecake). It's our third event and the last two we had about half who had never been to any pinball events before, and they had a great time. Pinball people are very friendly and welcoming :)

Welcome @Sharkbait !

Do feel free to sign up for our event in November, registration opens next week. We're in Sudbury, Suffolk, so not too far from you! There's a competition in the afternoon but it's laid back and lots of fun. There's a 'raffle' with fun prizes, lunch is included (and you get cheesecake). It's our third event and the last two we had about half who had never been to any pinball events before, and they had a great time. Pinball people are very friendly and welcoming :)
Definitely feeling the friendly vibe 👌

Back
Top Bottom