What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello glad to be here.

Wasn't me, though I also pop in there when I accidently walk past it on the way back to the station.
Welcome to the site Tony

Hi. Was at Funland London and a gentlemen told me of this forum, sorry don't remember your name mate but thanks for the free plays on Foo Fighters. Regards

Welcome @TonyStar

I see you are in Billericay, just down the road to me. If you fancy a few games at some point, drop me a PM.

Do you have any machines at home?

Welcome @TonyStar

I see you are in Billericay, just down the road to me. If you fancy a few games at some point, drop me a PM.

Do you have any machines at home?
Hiya Jag. I go to southend to play at Astro City. Adventure Island and Martins Happydrome my fave Adams Family. No machines at home,thank you for the message. 👍😃

Southend might have been where my addiction started. Certainly where it was regularly fed.
I stopped heading there when I got my own at home as the conditions of the on-site arcades were getting very ropey. How well kept are the Astro City ones?

Last edited:
I used to get to Astro City quit often to look after them but haven't been there for a year or so now. Jackbot is mine, Jokerz, Monopoly and SF2 are theirs now.

Welcome to the forum, plenty of us around here if you ever want some extra places to play 👍🏻

James

Southend might have been where my addiction started. Certainly where it was regularly fed.
I stopped heading there when I go my own at home as the conditions of the on-site arcades were getting very ropey. How well kept are the Astro City ones?
The machines are good there yes

Last edited:
There's also Star wars Le and Ghostbusters a multi video pac man galaga galatians rally X space invaders at Adventure Island. Adams Family, Indiana Jones, and Dr Who at Happidrome. Godzilla and The Mandolrian in Kingpins, used to be Tots!!! back in the days.

I used to get to Astro City quit often to look after them but haven't been there for a year or so now. Jackbot is mine, Jokerz, Monopoly and SF2 are theirs now.

Welcome to the forum, plenty of us around here if you ever want some extra places to play 👍🏻

James

Been told today Jackbots display isn't working, the rest don't sound too good either 😔 so I doubted they were yours!

Yes it's the guy that used to be on door,and his wife, jackbot not on shame that's my fave but rest play well, plus love the multi game with Defender on. 1st one on left as I go in.

Welcome! Southend was one of the pinball hotspots for me growing up - Mr Bs (now Sunspot) had an entire row Revenge From Mars, Elvis, Playboy, Monster Bash and RBION. Now just has Elvis and Playboy switched off and hidden away at the back, very broken. But Adventure Island, Happidrome and Astro City are keeping pinball alive there. News to me about the Godzilla and Mandalorian - might have to plan a visit!

Welcome! Southend was one of the pinball hotspots for me growing up - Mr Bs (now Sunspot) had an entire row Revenge From Mars, Elvis, Playboy, Monster Bash and RBION. Now just has Elvis and Playboy switched off and hidden away at the back, very broken. But Adventure Island, Happidrome and Astro City are keeping pinball alive there. News to me about the Godzilla and Mandalorian - might have to plan a visit!

Here's a screengrab of me on those machines from a video in 2011. Dunno how best to share video here.

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 13.17.28.png

I knew it! That's where I first encountered Ripley's!
Before I really knew anything about pinball I remember seeing that row of pins and looking at them with wonder.
I don't think I spent any money though.

Wow just seeing that pic has brought back the strangest sensation of nostalgia where I can remember what pinball looked like to a person who had no experience of pinball.

Many happy hours as a kid playing that Ripleys and RFM. From memory Ripleys moved to Fantasia and RFM moved to Electric Avenue, I tried to buy it years ago and they agreed to sell it to me, I went down there to grab it (getting a speeding fine in the process) to arrive and then have no recollection of the conversation. The RFM then disappeared 😩 Elvis and Playboy are still in Sunspot next to the Bowlingo, they've been out of service for probably 3+ years now. Again I tried to buy those and they weren't interested

i've stopped going to southend since happidrome sold their metal hawk deluxe arcade cabinet (even though while they had it more often than not the bomb button didn't work). the last time i played on elvis and playboy, they were placed under some spot lights and the reflection off the glass made them impossible to see. 😂 oh well. i'm glad i've bought my own playboy to play at home.

i've stopped going to southend since happidrome sold their metal hawk deluxe arcade cabinet (even though while they had it more often than not the bomb button didn't work). the last time i played on elvis and playboy, they were placed under some spot lights and the reflection off the glass made them impossible to see. 😂 oh well. i'm glad i've bought my own playboy to play at home.
I remember them being under that light 😂 always made me laugh

Here's a screengrab of me on those machines from a video in 2011. Dunno how best to share video here.

View attachment 220734
So much nostalgia in that image I can practically smell the carpet!

Can't believe they're not interested in selling that Elvis machine, to the right wealthy Elvis collector it could fetch a pretty penny, and to a pinballer it could fetch a slightly less pretty penny but still more of a pretty penny than leaving it out of service!

So much nostalgia in that image I can practically smell the carpet!

Can't believe they're not interested in selling that Elvis machine, to the right wealthy Elvis collector it could fetch a pretty penny, and to a pinballer it could fetch a slightly less pretty penny but still more of a pretty penny than leaving it out of service!
You can smell the carpet that made me laugh... but true there's a certain thing to it indeed.

Popped in today. Now Circus Circus

Attachments

• 20230530_150713.jpg
    20230530_150713.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230530_150756.jpg
    20230530_150756.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230530_150630.jpg
    20230530_150630.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230530_150255.jpg