What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Woking!

parragon

Registered
My name is Paul and although I have always loved pinball machines and have owned a couple of vintage EM machines in the past I have never before got involved in the "pinball community".... because basically I was not aware it existed! However, recently having a bit more time on my hands I started just looking around on 'tinternet and have discovered all sorts of really interesting stuff about pinball and the BEST discovery of all has been this web site! I have already spent a lot of time (too much) reading tons of interesting posts, information and really helpful technical advice....most of which goes over my head at the moment.....and in the last couple of weeks I have bought my first SS pin from a site member!! It is a Star Trek The Next Generation. So I am definately on the slippery slope into becoming addicted I fear, however it seems I am in good company! So greetings all from Woking in Surrey!

Greetings Paul.

You've started on the slippery slope now. Before you realise it you will have half a dozen machines.

Good game STTNG although I was never happy with the outlanes/slingshots when I owned one. I think without the cannons and more regular inlane/outlanes it would have been right up there with the very best.

Howdy neighbour from Guildford! STTNG is a great machine, I recently invested a few dollars in leds for mine from Comet (a pinball site not the place where you buy dishwashers) and it has blinged it out a treat, and also @Cryptkeeper has knocked out a few sets of plastic protectors at a great price so maybe have a chat there too! Welcome to the forum. Also, just saw the comment above, if you set up a Wanted thread on here and look for extended lane plastics for STTNG someone will probably have a set going cheap, they make the outlane harder to lose a ball down! Cheers

Hi ya Paul,

Welcome to the forum, if you have time come along to our London Pinball League meet tomorrow @ The Pipeline. You will at least know one of the games well as there is a STTNG in the bar!

Matt

Thanks Matt, I would love to come but sadly tomorrow has been scheduled (by my wife!) as the day for putting up the Christmas decorations, meaning me up a ladder trying to make the fairy lights work! LOL I think I need a bit more practice on my STTNG before I dare play one in public especially at a pinball league meet - remember I'm new to this!!!!

Back
Top Bottom