What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Sunny Bromley

Lomdonlad5uk

Registered
HI All ,

Been lurking for a bit now and thought I'd finally pop up and say HI :), currently only have 1 pin (sttng) but has started me on a path of constantly doing things to it have already color dmd it and also fitted the pinball dreams light up apron as well as led's and am loving it to bits , will get some pics up soon and looking forward to gaining some knowledge on pin ownership challenges (have heard STTNG one of the pain in the **** machines to keep working properly , have already had ball trough opto issues and replaced board).

1st question is I have some new rails to fit what is the best double sided tape or whatever to use to put them on with so they sit properly.

cheers all

Gavin

welcome Gavin.
i grew up in Bromley all those years ago - and one of our members @Julian is right on your doorstep with his fine and extensive collection ....

Welcome Gavin, i too grew up in Bromley area, Shortlands and Orpington,

Thanks for the reply all :) , good to see some Bromley peeps on here :), so is there often meet ups anywhere I've never been to a pin meet / show but would love to go and have a nose :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. 'Julian from Bromley' mentioned above does indeed have a fine collection of pins and if I lived nearer I'd be knocking on his door regularly. Really nice bloke so worth meeting.

Hi and welcome. There's several members near you with some great machines. I'm sure they will be along shortly to say hi. Both the SE/London league and the London league would probably be good for you with meets in easy travelling distance. Not sure when I'm hosting but it's probably late spring or early summer and Bromley to here is an easy journey.

Welcome to Pinball Info Gavin.
Either Pinball Heaven or Pinball Mania should be able to sort you with the tape to fix your rails.

Excellent thanks for all the replies all :), so next question is anyone else have a sttng if so how much of a pain are they to fix :) being a noob I only know the very basics at mo but want to get my knowledge up so will be attempting to do a playfield tear down and fix up when I feel more confident as my alpha ramp is broken :(

Hi Gavin, welcome to the forum from another recent noobie and I am also owner of a STTNG. I am lucky because mine is in top nick at the moment having been serviced and checked over by Andy from Pinballmania (who is excellent!) It is a great pin but I am aware there are going to be things which need sorting as time goes by so I will read with interest any replies you get on here regarding working on it. Meantime, enjoy it and the forum!

image.jpeg

Excuse the pair of pliers holding the glass in at the moment the lockbar is off being sorted at the moment ready for new rails to go on at the weekend :) and cannon covers my brother is painting for me at the mo :)

STTNG is real PITA when things go wrong. Lots of switches, lots of optos. However, being pinball it's pretty random as to if or when things will **** up. You might have years of trouble free playing ahead of you.
Replacing a ramp shouldn't be too bad. Just take it nice and slow and if in doubt take pictures

Yep I'm dreading that day but I guess that's how you learn eh :), and thanks Manny for sorting me out some tape for the new rails your a star :)

Thanks guys would be great to come have a play on some other machines , I love my sttng and hopefully when we move I'll have space for a cirque Voltaire too although they quite pricey from what I can gather :)

Back
Top Bottom