What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Heighway Pinball - Alien (HUO)

VilleRMD

Registered
Good day gentlemen,

I´m in a process of taking my first plunge at purchasing pinball. Alas, I`ve put my sight only on one Pinball and It´s Heighway´s Alien. Yeah... I know what you are about to say, I have done my due diligence and the monumental task ahead. That is why I am here. I am also a very very VERY patient man.

Help a brother out finding one in the wild? Thanks!

For what it's worth, the Alien listed above is a proper HUO game in unbelievable condition. I would guess, less than 100 games played?!

@Fishbulb is on here. Send him a message, one of the very best guys in the pinball hobby

Thanks guys for helping out, just send him a message! Fingers crossed ^^

Yeah I was reading about the possible the Pinball Brothers re-release on the forums, alas I haven´t found any official information that would support this so as I much as I would like to see re-release I guess we have to wait official word from them.

It really is a fantastic game. Final wizard mode is pretty rewarding and code is still being written for it.

I know @Rav has one for sale based in Chichester , it’s mint .. I was actually filming it the other day :)

I already warned him of Alien on UKPinball on facebook, some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week. :D

To be honest, if he wants to buy one - let him buy one.

We all know the danger (ie hardly any spare parts!)

@VilleRMD obviously loves the game, and it is his decession how to spend his money.

Personally I am not a fan of the game. But I know some people who say it is one of the best things they have ever played.

Life would be very boring if we liked the same things wouldn't it?

“Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but they think each others stink.”​

― Simone Elkeles

he wants £10500K for that dross when you could have two strong good games for the same money that won't break, if its had such few plays as Craig says then many breakages are ahead. Neil is a good guy too tho :)

To be honest, if he wants to buy one - let him buy one.

We all know the danger (ie hardly any spare parts!)

@VilleRMD obviously loves the game, and it is his decession how to spend his money.

Personally I am not a fan of the game. But I know some people who say it is one of the best things they have ever played.

Life would be very boring if we liked the same things wouldn't it?

“Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but they think each others stink.”​

― Simone Elkeles

man the whole point of forums is post your opinion and wind people up, no opinion no freaking forums! :D :D

anyway good luck to the OP you're on an express elevator to hell!

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved my Alien LE, no issues, fantastic package, but shots didn't flow enough for me. Didnt think I would sell it but got a good deal and a reasonable profit...

Too harsh. Love mine and have a tonne of spares that I haven't needed to touch once!!! Don't believe everything you read. Plays perfectly, well built and total Immersion.

There is a long thread on Pinside dedicated to people keeping the game running, which highlights a number of flaws, “cheaped out” components, etc. There’s certainly is a will to keep them running, but there are some parts that are difficult or maybe impossible to find. In the main though people appear to be able to keep them running come what may.

Personally I found it really immersive and atmospheric when I played it, and it certainly felt like a departure from the norm. As long as you’ve got an open mind and an awareness of the pitfalls and preventative work required to maintain it then I’m sure the OP will be fine.

Let’s face though if Stern announced it now the usual suspects would be heralding it as the second coming of Christ sight unseen, like Munsters ;)

Getting your name up is easy because more often than not when you power the game up it’s lost all its default settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
3B265370-C432-4164-84D2-4303AF87BCF3.jpeg

Too harsh. Love mine and have a tonne of spares that I haven't needed to touch once!!! Don't believe everything you read. Plays perfectly, well built and total Immersion.

ok Ripley - lets see the number of plays picture from the audits its the only way to be certain

There is a long thread on Pinside dedicated to people keeping the game running, which highlights a number of flaws, “cheaped out” components, etc. There’s certainly is a will to keep them running, but there are some parts that are difficult or maybe impossible to find. In the main though people appear to be able to keep them running come what may.

Personally I found it really immersive and atmospheric when I played it, and it certainly felt like a departure from the norm. As long as you’ve got an open mind and an awareness of the pitfalls and preventative work required to maintain it then I’m sure the OP will be fine.

Let’s face though if Stern announced it now the usual suspects would be heralding it as the second coming of Christ sight unseen, like Munsters ;)

no chance, the game has stolen money all over it, the community is bizarre, sell 10 bulbs but only send 9 and you are in hell and excommunicated for ever, sell a game that's labeled MINT when the only thing mint like are the holes in the description, or rip off HUNDREDS of pinheads out of their hard earned cash - that's cool because the game says "GAME OVER DOOD!", the game itself is incredibly repetitive and more linear than ghostbusters, back in 2014 it would be standout, now its just plain ordinary. but its not like I pay attention to any of the people on here anyway so I suspect the OP should follow my lead! :D

Back
Top Bottom