What's new

Heighway Factory Tour

My god, the background din. Brings it all back !!!

The game switchover thing did not really resonate with me at the time of the tour.

But you can imagine that to an operator this could be hugely appealing when rotating titles to maintain the cash drop in different venues. 5 mins to swap over a game (tranny, side panels, playfield with three connectors, software). And without the hassle of dismantling, lugging it about, tail lift tranny van, damage to game/ venue/ man's back ....

Last edited:
Trannies are vans and the vertical glass screens in pinball backboxes round here.

We are quite a traditional rural community in my fruit growing village with pagan ceremonies like may day, harvest festival, apple day etc.

If you drive round nottinghamshire and see thick black smoke coming from a distant field, outsiders assume it is a farmer illegally burning old tyres. If there has been a bad harvest, it is not ...
image.jpg

No. We use wicker men. Tyres are more of a southern thing. Folk think that the film was fiction. But in apple growing communities, it is very much alive

Bad harvest for a farmer means sacrificing goats, chickens etc

Really bad harvest means a child. Any child will do

Devastated harvest means an adult, ideally an outsider ....

Nice Vid, thanks. I somehow managed to miss all the tours although Andrew did show me the Alien stuff before I left on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom