What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heart of Gaming (Croydon) reopening 1st August

YetiFiasco

Registered
Not really pinball but definitely arcade related, Heart of Gaming in Croydon will be re-opening this Saturday after a lengthy closure over lockdown.

If you haven't been before, HoG is a "pay at the door" arcade with everything on freeplay, it's got a lot of fighting games, gun games (HOTD 1-4 now!), some rhythm games, huge TV's for modern and retro consoles and a real nice vibe. I help out a bit in my spare time, one of the big projects over lockdown was getting a suite of empty 1980's woodies back into working order.

There's no pinball there YET, but I do have a RFM at home which will likely end up down there at some point once I've finished tinkering with it, with hopefully more to come.

I'll be down there this Saturday, pop along if you're in the area and want to say hi.

[[[Below is the facebook post along with steps they're taking to open safely]]]

*WE WILL BE REOPENING 1ST AUGUST*

After a lengthy hiatus, Im happy to say we will be opening our doors again this Saturday, and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

No doubt a vast majority of you have seen the changes that many places have had to make given the current situation in society, and we are not exempt. We have made a number of changes including-

*Upgrades to bathroom facilities
*Availability of latex gloves
*8 hand-sanitiser dispensers in key locations.
*Console areas have been spaced out
*Protective face wear for staff to wear
*Regular disinfecting of machine surfaces and controllers
*Relevant sign posting to maintain awareness.

There will be some changes to accessing the venue. We do ask that you wear face masks and please think about whether you REALLY are exempt in this instance.
Temperature checks will also be taking place at the door via no-contact and non-invasive means.
There is a separate area now where food and drink may be consumed, but it cannot be brought into the gaming area.
At the moment, due to the excitable nature of young children, we cannot cater to children under 10 years of age.
No party bookings are currently being undertaken.

To control the flow of people, our shopping center access will remain closed. Access will be via Playnation Games located on the North End road (Croydon Hight street).

To the return to normality will be gradual, thank you for baring with us. We seek to continuously make improvements to safey where the need to do so becomes apparent.

Opening unfortunately postponed due to BoJo's nonsense.

You mean owing to the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies nonsense?

sorry mate but its ashats with this attitude that are causing the problems with this virus, ignoring the dangers of it and ultimately making us all pay the price; and if that's your attitude I suspect you'll be opening with not alot of punters coming in.

in anycase I don't see why you can't open amusement arcades got the all clear on the 4th of July:

https://bacta.org.uk/2020/06/24/arcades-reopen-4th-july/

It's not my say mate, it's not my arcade.

The scientific advisory group advised to not proceed with un-lockdown this quickly as we'd have a resurgence in cases, I'm all for longer sensible lockdown, but the message coming from gov is and has been wishy washy.

Anyway this isn't the place for this.

You mean owing to the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies nonsense?

sorry mate but its ashats with this attitude that are causing the problems with this virus, ignoring the dangers of it and ultimately making us all pay the price; and if that's your attitude I suspect you'll be opening with not alot of punters coming in.

in anycase I don't see why you can't open amusement arcades got the all clear on the 4th of July:

https://bacta.org.uk/2020/06/24/arcades-reopen-4th-july/
Maybe if ‘ashats’ hadn’t aggressively tried to shame mask wearers earlier on then we could have eased back sooner and for longer.

if that’s a dig at me for my view on masks then you missed the point of the discussion; which was- they won’t stop you catching this virus - and they won’t - they will reduce the chance of a person wearing one from transmitting it though.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And where you missed the point of my responses attempting to explain that other people not catching it help you not catch it.

Back
Top Bottom