What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Head to head league - Yorks / Leeds

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
I’ve not managed a single Northern region league meet this year. Theres only one meet left, then that’s it until Jan 2024.

We have no tilt, electric circus, PR, PO or SWL etc. here in the North. So not much other comp opportunities.

I’m wondering if we could get enough folk interested in a head to head league, centred around Leeds / West Yorks / Yorks.

Probably need min 8 people to make a viable league.

Each player plays 3 (or 5) head to head games with another player, ( maybe both home and away or different points for home and for away wins?)

all matches to be played in , say, a 10 week timeframe. at end league ends and we start again. (If you get lots of players then can expand to having multiple leagues with the top of league 2 replacing bottom league 1, etc.)

should be a lot easier to arrange meet ups as only 2 people need to get together. Each match is only going to last an hour or so on average, so possible to do in an evening.

In practicality, we may find a few folk may get together in small groups of 3 or 4 and play several heads up matches in one evening. this would give some the chance to play on neutral ground.

I’m not too keen on (regularly) hosting a full on comp with 20+ folk and a full day with food n drink etc, but would happily host 2,3,4 for a couple hours of an evening, several times a month.

Back
Top Bottom