What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardtop installation

HomerRamone

Site Supporter
Alias
HomerRamone
Thinking of getting a hardtop for the Gorgar I picked up few months back. Watched a few videos they look like less work to install than a new playfield. (And somewhat less expensive). The playfield isnt terrible but as I have a set of stencils for it which it would be rude not to use feels like I should probably "tinkey up" the playfield too.

I have noticed some folks only sand where the lamps are whilst others the whole thing before application. Does it matter. I mean the paint isn't that thick on the playfield but if your gonna sand a chunk of it kinda makes sense to do the whole thing right ?

(I see outside edge are doing cabinet decals too - but have only a limited selection currently)

Thinking of getting a hardtop for the Gorgar I picked up few months back. Watched a few videos they look like less work to install than a new playfield. (And somewhat less expensive). The playfield isnt terrible but as I have a set of stencils for it which it would be rude not to use feels like I should probably "tinkey up" the playfield too.

I have noticed some folks only sand where the lamps are whilst others the whole thing before application. Does it matter. I mean the paint isn't that thick on the playfield but if your gonna sand a chunk of it kinda makes sense to do the whole thing right ?

(I see outside edge are doing cabinet decals too - but have only a limited selection currently)
sand the lot off. there is nothing as satisfying as starting with a white wood 😄

make sure all inserts are secure and not dimpled. sand and polish them. and dimpled can be knocked out, raised up and sanded flat again. or buy a new. but it’s hard to exactly match new to old.

Back
Top Bottom