What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guys, use your ratchet straps properly.. WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES.

David_Vi

Site Supporter
Alias
DaveTheTrain
So today we picked up the Luton for Pinfest. Plan was to load up @MajesticPinball 's Pinball Magic then @Lecari would drive down to him to drop it off and load his four Sys80bs for Pinfest.

I had to work you see. But before work I thought I may as well put JP on the van as it's already wrapped up.

Pinball magic was secured nicely against one wall.. tight.

Then I put JP at the back but attached one strap to the side wall and one to the back of the van, it felt tight.

I go to work, Claire drives to James.
I get to Braintree on my lovely air conditioned 10 car train and on the walk changing ends I check my phone.

"JP fell over"

Lesson learnt.
IMG-20220825-WA0038.jpgIMG-20220825-WA0034.jpgIMG-20220825-WA0035.jpg

@MajesticPinball and @Lecari especially, this is not your fault, not your bad driving. This is all me and my bad use of a strap.
On James' reccomendation it's staying at his... Afterall I don't want to see it in person. It could have been much worse?
I believe it's repairable but by someone who knows their stuff...

Thought I'd share this so it can be added to the rites of passage list and I can wallow in shame.

@Wayne J you've lost your title...!!

In all seriousness David some watered down PVA and clamps and you wouldn't even know it happened. Preserve the splinters don't rip anything off it!
I haven't seen it in person but one wonders if the cab got warped slightly in the fall , if it's just the gun maybe that would work?
Hmmm @MajesticPinball ?

To be fair to try it wouldn't cause anymore damage that wouldn't be ripped off it the front was fixed anyway?

You should bring it along anyway. I’m pretty sure we’ve enough gear to get it sorted in one of the spare rooms.

You should bring it along anyway. I’m pretty sure we’ve enough gear to get it sorted in one of the spare rooms.

Seems a bit involved and requires clamping with biiiig clamps. But I don't know.

If someone's up for the challenge id he tempted but it's been left at James' workshop, part of me doesn't want to have to see it in person as I'll probably try fix it myself and ruin it.

I believe James knows someone who can sort it so it'll just stay there and I don't have to see it😆

The lads have the gear here and are willing to take a look if you still want to bring it along. Fully respect your decision and Majestics abilities if you want to leave it with him.

Gut wrenching sir, gut wrenching. No one should have to go through that, feel for you.

I'm with the it'll be ok gang. It looks bad, but will likely be fine. Seeing what @Ant-H is doing to Addams, it may not be fast, but it's not game over.

Ant will know better than I but I would rip off the front panel and rebuild.

Then re-decal the whole cab for a matching finish.

Not cheap, but far from a right off.

The lads have the gear here and are willing to take a look if you still want to bring it along. Fully respect your decision and Majestics abilities if you want to leave it with him.
Appreciate the offer, really do! But Claire left James' before I considered the option.
Plus apparently the lockdown bar is twisted slightly too. So probably more work than it first looks.

Just going to leave it there and forget about it for now🙂

Ant will know better than I but I would rip off the front panel and rebuild.

Then re-decal the whole cab for a matching finish.

Not cheap, but far from a right off.

Yeah, I think it'll be along these lines. I'm not sure about a whole decal job, tbh I don't really want to spend too much on this pin. I'm hoping a new decal on the front won't stick out too much against the sides.

Appreciate the offer, really do! But Claire left James' before I considered the option.
Plus apparently the lockdown bar is twisted slightly too. So probably more work than it first looks.

Just going to leave it there and forget about it for now🙂

Yeah, I think it'll be along these lines. I'm not sure about a whole decal job, tbh I don't really want to spend too much on this pin. I'm hoping a new decal on the front won't stick out too much against the sides.
Feel for you @David_Vi we've all had mishaps but most of us have got away with it (I lost an MM off a trolley and an AFM out of a car went wrong - both bounced, no marks)

New front decal will look fine, I did it on a TZ and looked spot on

With the Diner and this, just please watch out for the third thing :(

Last edited:
One upside is the decal was all black in that area? So should be easy to blend in any repairs?

One upside is the decal was all black in that area? So should be easy to blend in any repairs?
It's painted not a decal, I didn't notice till I studied it. If it can be repaired at least it could be touched up

It's painted not a decal, I didn't notice till I studied it. If it can be repaired at least it could be touched up
That's why I said don't decal. It's painted. You can fix that then expertly touch in.

A decal would be a poor choice of repair.

Hope you sort it, I have full confidence it can be sorted.

should glue back in nicely,then a bit of filler and a paint over. back in action in no time.
Will wait to see what James' guy says. The lockdown reciever has moved, you can just about see how the lockdown reciever is sitting wrong.

My worry is glueing it wouldn't be as strong, especially as it'll be against the corner.

Wow! Awesome job in getting that back to working condition and looking great!! :)

We picked it up today and took it straight to my friends place. It's going on loan for a bit we already filled it's space at home😂

Wow! Awesome job in getting that back to working condition and looking great!! :)
All credit to a local carpenter who's also into pinball! Reccomended by majestic James. Top job can't even tell it ever happened!

All working well too. Just a few scuffs on the gun and lockdown bar but the cab and hardware already had a few marks so it's not too noticable.

Back
Top Bottom