What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold GUNS N' ROSES (CE) NIB

even that won't make any difference in the medium term, pull off the plastics between the ball guides and have a heart attack. The playfield issues are far from sporadic they are common place on the first 1000 or so games...

On my old LE - I took out the JJP posts on the inlane/outlanes and put in Williams ones.. with a hammer..

I turned down the pop bumper power, it’s now at Medway pinball, not sure how many games it has now, but it is going quite well..

Although I don’t think you would now get the posts out without damage

On my old LE - I took out the JJP posts on the inlane/outlanes and put in Williams ones.. with a hammer..

I turned down the pop bumper power, it’s now at Medway pinball, not sure how many games it has now, but it is going quite well..

Although I don’t think you would now get the posts out without damage
To be fair if I had a GnR I would replace every post using the method I showed on the video (on the last page).

Will say that in the UK I have been out to more GnR's than anyone else in this country, and since doing these PFs I am not seeing further problems.

The issues I have seen since are:

Lighting control board under playfield
Inductive switches under the guitar headstock on mini PF and skill shot
Board troughs (thanks to @myPinballs no longer an issue)
Spotlights breaking
Mechanical assemblies coming apart
Power supplies needing jumpstarting after battery bios died

Now considering how many GnRs have sold - this is not a bad percentage of games having issues. I have set up NIB Sterns and found issues and things disconnected that should of been sorted in the factory so no company is perfect.

I also turn down HOLD POWER on all assembies that have that function (flippers/divertors) to the lowest setting. This ELIMATES FLIPPER COOLING.
Alot of the other assemblies need the power turning down - pop bumpers/slings etc

The UK doesnt suffer with low AC line current like the USA does - and I think they have set everything up for US use.

To be fair if I had a GnR I would replace every post using the method I showed on the video (on the last page).

Will say that in the UK I have been out to more GnR's than anyone else in this country, and since doing these PFs I am not seeing further problems.

The issues I have seen since are:

Lighting control board under playfield
Inductive switches under the guitar headstock on mini PF and skill shot
Board troughs (thanks to @myPinballs no longer an issue)
Spotlights breaking
Mechanical assemblies coming apart
Power supplies needing jumpstarting after battery bios died

Now considering how many GnRs have sold - this is not a bad percentage of games having issues. I have set up NIB Sterns and found issues and things disconnected that should of been sorted in the factory so no company is perfect.

I also turn down HOLD POWER on all assembies that have that function (flippers/divertors) to the lowest setting. This ELIMATES FLIPPER COOLING.
Alot of the other assemblies need the power turning down - pop bumpers/slings etc

The UK doesnt suffer with low AC line current like the USA does - and I think they have set everything up for US use.
@Pick Holder what post do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom