What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group Buy Low Reflective glass

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Hi Neil,
I missed out on the first run, if you do another one, please put me down for 12 x standard and 3 x Widebody!
Many thanks

Can someone provide the dimensions for the wide body. My glass less Haunted House is bigger than standard but shorter than a wide body Bally.
I'm looking at 24x48 inch sheet.

Yeah when we create a new thread post up your requirements then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

100 roughly in each

That many, blimey, I was toying with the idea of getting a stock to cater for folk in West Wales and thereabouts (Martin doesn’t stray this far out but I can get pallets from anywhere with no difficulty). I’ll give it some thought but it may be too much of a stretch to speculate on 100 sheets.
but thanks for the info anyway

Sounds like it would be easier for you to come to Croydon!

Hi to all,

I am the guy who process the glass for you, sorry for my bad English :D
First of all I want you to know I feel honored to be the part of this proceeding, and its touching to read your messages about it.

My name is Zsolt Csiszka a Hungarian pinball guy, luckily also a glass processor working with 16 workers
I am the leader of a pinball club here (Midlife Crisis Flipper Klub) 12 members, and 250 visitors per year https://www.facebook.com/MCpinball
I am also the Hungarian Jersey Jack distributor (SUPERPINBALL SRO.), so I can say I am in the middle of this hobby pretty well :D

You should know Hungary has the biggest pinball community at the Eastern Block, much collectors, much more players, we save this culture for the future generation. 4 clubs, one pinball museum (200 pins) for 10 million person. We are highly esteemed bally/williams from 1989 to 1998, but we have a complete Zaccaria collection here and some Older Gottlieb guys.

Why is this glass?

I had chosen it for myself. 4 years ago I didn't even think about to sell it, I just wanted to have "museum glass" for my pinballs. I asked patterns and data sheets from 4 factories:
Pilkington, Saint-Gobain, AGC, and Guardian, and I find the glass of Guardian is the best suiting for my machines. My friends saw it, and they want more from them.
No secrets. No fancy, fictional names: The glass is 5 mm tempered ultra clear double sided Clarity, the production made by Guardian.

-Tempered: Honestly you don't need this. Pubs needed it in the past avoid breakage. But why shouldn't we? Tempering put some extra tension in the structure, endure more, thats it.

-Nice grinding, polishing, chamfering: In Hungary we call it: Blinding the chipmunk :D tempered glass is a massive structure, wont be better if its polished. Hey! It will hide in the siderail man!

-double sided coating: very important. You should know glasses have double reflection. Reflection is coming not only from your side, but also comig from the opposite, the under-side. If you buy glass you have to pay attention for this, and always pay attention for the percents of the anti reflectivity.

-Ultra clear glass: Commonly called low ironed glass. Originally glass is greenish blueish because of the iron-oxide content. By ultra clear we solve it, glass is transparent as it should be. Now we have a really neutral raw material, with a high percentage of light penetration. The result is: the playfield is brighter, and the colours are more naturally. Bright colours dont slip in a yellowish-greenish range. Dont forget: you feel the glass above the playfield not only because of reflection, but because of the "colour-slipping" too if you know what I mean.

Why is it so cheap?

-Because some steps left out. I am not a merchant for 30% profit. And as I can see Neil also didn't made it more difficult to sell. (hey Neil, are you a saint or what??)
-I buy glasses in 24 ton of truck weekly, I have a good relationship with factories
-The glass is produced by Guardian, but in his Hungarian factory, so not so much logistic costs
-I make the factory producing sheets which suits the best for pinball glass measures. Less the rest, cheaper the price
-I wanted to calculate a fair price for bigger order, my goal is to make my glass achieveable for everyone.

Thats all folks, sorry for the long post, if anyone has any question about anything, don't hesitate to find me, I am here for you.

KEEP THE BALL DRAINING!

Thank you for taking the time to talk to us Zsolt, it is greatly appreciated.

Is there any chance you can make some glass for Gottlieb widebody? The dimensions are 265.475 mm x 1228.72 mm x 5 mm.

They produced over 60000 widebody games so there should be enough buyers out there. I would be interested in 4 sheets if you do produce some.

Thank you for taking the time to talk to us Zsolt, it is greatly appreciated.

Is there any chance you can make some glass for Gottlieb widebody? The dimensions are 265.475 mm x 1228.72 mm x 5 mm.

They produced over 60000 widebody games so there should be enough buyers out there. I would be interested in 4 sheets if you do produce some.
Of course I produce! I also have an Amazing Spiderman and Black Hole in my basement!
In the next batch we can solve this tiny problem!

Zsolt! Thanks for saying hello and huge thanks to you and your team for such a great process.

Peter, for some reason I got confused on Gott/Bally wide body when talking to Zsolt. But we will do another batch and add this in.

Neil.

Zsolt! Thanks for saying hello and huge thanks to you and your team for such a great process.

Peter, for some reason I got confused on Gott/Bally wide body when talking to Zsolt. But we will do another batch and add this in.

Neil.
Probably me confusing tbh!

I'm looking for a Gott and Bally widebody glass for Space Invaders and Haunted House.

Thanks dood - lets see other pinball machines with it in!

Thanks once again Neil glass looks awesome, got told off by my wife earlier because she thought i had all my glass out of my pins to work on them 😆

Was nice to meet all the others there yesterday to, Flipout is amazing never been before!

Attachments

• 20200710_162501.jpg
    20200710_162501.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200710_162509.jpg
    20200710_162509.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200710_162513.jpg
    20200710_162513.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200710_162517.jpg
    20200710_162517.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200710_162532.jpg
    20200710_162532.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200710_162544.jpg
    20200710_162544.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200710_162521.jpg
    20200710_162521.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 34
Before & after.

Looking at the photo's the AFM looks the biggest improvement but in person the STTNG looks like it doesn't have glass on at all from some angles. Very impressive.

The only downside was visiting Neil then realising that I want a MM or Stern ST 😂😂 Something's got to go.

Glass comparison.jpg

Sheets collected yesterday for @Moonraker and @ianw safely back in Salisbury and Devon.

Just installed mine - looking fab. I can see more clearly why I'm playing so cr*p and also that I need to get it back off to give the playfuejd a clean😂😂

Thanks for organising Neil and taking on all the hassle/risk!

Attachments

• 8185222D-9EE0-4A87-94B1-614D02484BAA.jpeg
    8185222D-9EE0-4A87-94B1-614D02484BAA.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 22
if anyone is ever contemplating selling a piece of standard williams size glass I might be interested. The glass on my NF is just a bit too narrow. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom