What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group Buy Low Reflective glass

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
LOL, that'll teach me for not watching all the way through... apologies to anyone offended (was anyone offended? asking for a friend LOL).

Neil.

Ah bugger, I'm after a sheet and completely missed this.

Would a standard size fit an old 1969 Bally Cosmos? They have their glass in a frame instead of slide rails.

Ah bugger, I'm after a sheet and completely missed this.

Would a standard size fit an old 1969 Bally Cosmos? They have their glass in a frame instead of slide rails.
For ease of searching that's a "Canopy" and they're shorter (1.5" according to pinwiki). Have you previously disassembled it as the bolts easily seize and become weak, from what I can make out they are joined to the frame so difficult to replace too.

For ease of searching that's a "Canopy" and they're shorter (1.5" according to pinwiki). Have you previously disassembled it as the bolts easily seize and become weak, from what I can make out they are joined to the frame so difficult to replace too.

It's all apart and I managed to salvage all the bolts, nuts and washers, they aren't joined to the frame, there's a plastic liner that goes between the glass and the frame to keep it from rattling.

ok back to something more modern ;)

final stage of our glass is tempering...

load the glass, and now the protective cover comes off.

Tempering

Finished product!

next week will know what the shipping details are.

We have a founders meeting Thursday to plan our reopening at flip out, lots to do but suspect we will be able to allow play for those who are collecting glass in July sometime.

Neil.

It's all apart and I managed to salvage all the bolts, nuts and washers, they aren't joined to the frame, there's a plastic liner that goes between the glass and the frame to keep it from rattling.

Buy a sheet then take it and the frame with associated bits to a local glass company. Ask them to cut down to size and fit for you.

Well grind, sand or whatever process it is that they use to smooth the edges to stop them being sharp. It might be a pain to do 1.5" though..

‘Slight’ problem is toughening puts stresses into the glass, this is what causes it to sugar cube when broken, so sanding or grinding off anything but the smallest amount will effect the stresses then the glass WILL shatter.

I once needed to take about 10mm of a car drop glass, it sands of great using a diamond file, looked like icing sugar, I got about 5mm in then BOOM! Spoke with a glazer friend he explains why it happened, new drop glass and modified the frame after that.

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom