What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group Buy Low reflective glass - Collection Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

We will talk about who is collecting what on this thread.

Is there anyone else proposing to collect and travel North?

I'm J31 M, North Notts. and close to A1 if that helps.

Andy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I’m heading north and currently working out how many sheets I can safely carry.
my spacious 4x4 gives aNo official max loading as 500kg which assume includes passengers (I’m 65kg dripping wet)
I don’t mind going over this slightly but have to keep the safety element in mind and I will probably have another passenger with me to kill the boredom of a 12hr round trip.

A standard sheet of Glass weighs 6.8kg And a widebody 7.6 so I’ll just round off at 7kg as I’m not picking many wb pieces up.

Assuming Both myself and my companion weigh in at 150kg this leaves 350kg

So simple math assumes I can bring up 50 sheets does anyone think this is pushing the limits of what I should collect or is fine?

FYI I have moved the heaviest of pins many times with 2 people and trolley ect with ease. I would really appreciated any advice so I can work logistics on my collection thread

thanks in advance Col

I just weighed a standard sheet and it was 13kgs, bit different to your 6.8kgs. I’m going to double check as it means im not over weight😂

I just weighed a standard sheet and it was 13kgs, bit different to your 6.8kgs. I’m going to double check as it means im not over weight😂
Mine was JJP invisiglass and Standard Stern were you not weighing in LBs 2.2lb = 1kg

I put the scales straight on the carpet, put it on a tile and it is 6.8kg👍
My little Yaris will be fine had 50 litre kegs in that🤪

Colin I would suggest 40 is your max. Ideally you would need it to be flat and stacked in 10s so you may find 30 is your maximum, weight distribution needs to be considered as does securing the glass without damage

Colin I would suggest 40 is your max. Ideally you would need it to be flat and stacked in 10s so you may find 30 is your maximum, weight distribution needs to be considered as does securing the glass without damage
I was gonna stand the sheets on their edge and constuct an 18mm only stap down box thingamy gig.
working on it so bear with me

I was gonna stand the sheets on their edge and constuct an 18mm only stap down box thingamy gig.

Suggestion from me. dont stack them on the edge. Thats the weak point...

You can stand on Tempered glass. however one minor tap on the corner and the shole thing will shatter. Now move this to a Car scenario... Stacked on their edge, one pothole and you could feasibly wipe out the entire lot....

Also if lying flat, put something to stop the sheets flying forward if you have to brake suddenly as driving without your head ain’t as easy as it sounds

yeah you want to create a rectangle inside your boot where you can stack the glass onto of each other and stop it moving, put foam top and bottom and at the sides so it doesn't move around.

@Colywobbles

I'm just in on the order for 4 sheets and live in Guisborough (just outside M'Boro). Any chance you could help transport these and I could collect? I would be more than happy to chip in for your fuel and time.

Cheers 🍻

@Colywobbles

I'm just in on the order for 4 sheets and live in Guisborough (just outside M'Boro). Any chance you could help transport these and I could collect? I would be more than happy to chip in for your fuel and time.

Cheers 🍻
Yh no problem pm me for my mobile

Col

Also if lying flat, put something to stop the sheets flying forward if you have to brake suddenly as driving without your head ain’t as easy as it sounds

This with 'spades on'.

If carrying in the back of a car/estate/4wd, without any built in bulkhead to separate the load think very carefully about what you're going to put in place to stop the glass continuing forward at 30-40-50-60mph+ should you be involved in some sort of accident. No matter how nicely you ask it it's almost certain the glass won't 'belt up' in the back :(:(:eek::eek:

(And to be fair, the same could/should be said of Pinball machines themselves.

anyone wants to collect from my place in Woking let me know.

Neil.

@Colywobbles

I have 3 sheets ordered and live in the Midlands near Daventry. You probably already have a car full but I could collect from A14/A1 junction if you have room, unless anyone is travelling up the M1/M6 route with space for 3 extra sheets?

Thanks
Keith

you want to make sure it cant move around at all.

I have ideas about immobility (they may include some of the excess polystyrene), but I'm happy the edges are protected. Ratchet straps are also something I'm considering, but I don't know if there's anywhere in the back of the car to loop them through - not looked, cos I don't think it's a great idea. I'm open to any suggestions for a Mazda 2 (think the MX5's a non-starter for this).

Neil, if it's possible to join the 'Woking' list that would be ideal. If so, no problem arranging pick up to whatever day/time is best for you. But the Croydon 'penalty' is less than a couple of hours, so please don't go to any inconvenience. Thanks, Clive.

Back
Top Bottom