What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold GROUP BUY: FISHPAPER

"In 1729 Stephen Gray made the discovery of the conducting and non-conducting power of different substances. Gray found that by using woven silk served as an excellent insulator. Some years later it was found that the paper industry could provide what was equivalent to woven silk. Later it was discovered that if the paper was saturated with fish oil its ability as an insulator was much improved particularly when used in harsh environments and high voltages."

I hope my bit doesn't smell like fish
We'll be able to find out soon... look what arrived this morning whilst I was out at the gym:

FishPaper.JPG

FYI: @Nedreud, @DRD, @astyy, @Mfresh, @lukewells, @myPinballs, @JT., @ronsplooter, @mufcmufc, @Gaz Shiells, @kevlar, @Eddie Twadds, @Matt Adams, @Hiro996, @nick-the-greek, @andy, @Paul, @Arv, @Moonraker, @aaronhicksuk, @Dave2084, @GrizZ, @BigIan, @elrikos, @Calimori, @Monkeyboypaul

FAO: @Nedreud, @DRD, @astyy, @Mfresh, @lukewells, @myPinballs, @JT., @ronsplooter, @mufcmufc, @Gaz Shiells, @kevlar, @Eddie Twadds, @Matt Adams, @Hiro996, @nick-the-greek, @andy, @Paul, @Arv, @Moonraker, @aaronhicksuk, @Dave2084, @GrizZ, @BigIan, @elrikos, @Calimori, @Monkeyboypaul

Been a busy boy tonight! :p I now have a blister on my thumb and blunt pair of scissors! :eek: F*** me, this stuff is tough! o_O

So, starting off with big parcel:

farm9.staticflickr.com_8678_16511227628_f28379aeff_c.jpg

We find two sheets of 0.4mm x 690mm x 3m fishpaper:

farm9.staticflickr.com_8665_16697767572_6a75d8ed9c_c.jpg

Roll it out:

farm9.staticflickr.com_8674_16491528207_25717d2156_c.jpg

Cut it in half lengthways to make four 345mm by 3m strips:

farm9.staticflickr.com_8590_16698806665_abb5177893_c.jpg

farm9.staticflickr.com_8590_16672865966_3d637ec82c_c.jpg

Start thinking you're clever by getting out your guillotine only to discover it's 25mm to narrow:

farm9.staticflickr.com_8647_16076485164_90eb54cf5a_c.jpg

Back to basics... mark it up into 25cm sections with a ruler and getting cutting with your best office scissors:

farm9.staticflickr.com_8678_16511222938_5b57d2a1a0_c.jpg

And end up with neat stack of forty-eight 250mm x 345mm sheets:

farm9.staticflickr.com_8625_16672867456_ab1fb12412_c.jpg

Getting too late tonight but I'll be contacting each of you by PM in the order of allocation to arrange payment and get your address etc. Will try to get you all done tomorrow!

:clap:

@newdos added to the list for 1 sheet. Kev - fishpaper gets used all over pinball machines. In leaf switches, next to coils, on the back of playfield mechanisms. Anywhere a thin electrical insulation layer or cover is required.

Cheers Peter

Sent you £1 extra and would encourage others to do similar, there is a lot of work involved in doing a group buy. I know £1 isnt much but if a few people add an extra £1 it shoul at least pay for Peters Fish paper.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks, Ian. It's really no problem. All part of the community, etc, etc. Plus it was the only way I was going to get myself some fishpaper at a reasonable price. No way was I paying £15 for a piece of paper that cost about a quid!

Great idea Ian and I am ashamed to say I forgot to do it when I got to PayPal.
I owe you a beer or a favour.

Sorry, everyone. Slight delay on the packaging pipeline. I was hoping to spend this evening wrapping and addressing for all those who've paid, but I've just discovered I need to make a costume for World Book Day tomorrow for my daughter!

She wants to go as Astrid from the How To Train Your Dragon films, so I'm getting busy with cardboard, scissors and glue...

astrid.jpg

Normal service will resume shortly :p

She got the giggles 'cos I told her to suck in her tummy! She's got way more attitude than needed for a 6-year old ;) Gets it from her mother...

Almost all the other girls in her class either went as Wenda (from Where's Wally?) or a Disney Princess. Not my daughter. Princesses have a very low axe quota. Originally she wanted to go as TANK GIRL but I pointed out that she wasn't old enough to read the books, they're for grown ups. The only Disney Princess she likes is Rapunzel because she knows how to use a frying pan. And I ain't talking about making pancakes... that's a man's job (mine) :D

1421779229998.jpg

Burning the midnight oil tonight! 1am and I've just finished wrapping and addressing all the packages!

farm9.staticflickr.com_8574_16727706192_97463584d7_c.jpg

The following folks will get their packages posted tomorrow: @DRD, @astyy, @Mfresh, @lukewells, @myPinballs, @JT., @mufcmufc, @Gaz Shiells, @kevlar, @Matt Adams, @nick-the-greek, @andy, @Paul, @Arv, @aaronhicksuk, @GrizZ, @BigIan, @Calimori, @Monkeyboypaul

I need addresses from: @newdos and @Dave2084

Payments pending from: @Eddie Twadds and @elrikos

@Moonraker I'll bring yours the next time I come down to SWL, hopefully a Friday soon ;)

@Hiro996 I'm holding yours ransom until the next games night at your place! Stop buying and shopping machines. I have a crate of 24 Peroni's reading and waiting... :p

:D:D:D BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR BEING INVOLVED :D:D:D

farm9.staticflickr.com_8637_16702878786_e88cb4e366_c.jpg

Sorry for the slow payment. House move and no broadband has scuppered many things!! It should be with you now. I'll pm my new address.
Thanks for doing this.
Rich

Got address from @newdos and payment from @elrikos so their fishpaper will go in the post today along with everyone else's who's paid.

Remember it's going 2nd Class Large Letter so don't expect it much before Tuesday or Wednesday!

Back
Top Bottom