What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Ground/Earth Braiding

Happypin

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan Adair
Hi All
need 5 Meters of ground braiding 30amp 5mm as the original or 6mm as sold in some places for my WH20 if anyone can help out, all local pin shops are out of stock and the others out of the U.K work out expensive.
paypal over the money.
Cheers
Alan

Thanks Paul
am I reading it correctly 2.5mm thick by 6mm wide ?

Cheers Alan sent £10.00 8 meters if you have it spare please

That link is identical to the Original Stuff in 90's machines... :) I have used on a few machines now (Wh2o, TAF etc) and is a near-on perfect match

That link is identical to the Original Stuff in 90's machines... :) I have used on a few machines now (Wh2o, TAF etc) and is a near-on perfect match
Thank you Paul
25 meter’s would be a waste, so opted for 8 meter from Alan.
wont be doing anymore refurbs after this one.

On the electrical side of things, that is 2.5mm (Pauls link).
The earth braid only has to be the same size as the ground conductor in the mains flex, which is normally 1mm on a pinball.
I am not a fan of the look of braid generally but if doing a restore most want it original.

You say that. I said no more playfield swaps after Scared Stiff. Now I'm doing a TAF. Don't lie to yourself 😂
Nothing makes me happier than working on pins, I get so much out of it more so than playing. The WH20 is the tatty one in our collection and soon will sit well with the others. It's only health reasons I wont be doing anymore full cabinet restores.

On the electrical side of things, that is 2.5mm (Pauls link).
The earth braid only has to be the same size as the ground conductor in the mains flex, which is normally 1mm on a pinball.
I am not a fan of the look of braid generally but if doing a restore most want it original.
Now that has been well explained, although my cabinet restore is far from original now I will at least use the flat braid, I totally agree with the look of the braid.
The quality of the original cabinet builds that left the factory is very poor indeed, glossed up with nice decals and screen printing, but then again 30 years later the machine is still flipping.

Back
Top Bottom