What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings and Salutations from La Suede!

Luzur

Registered
Yo!

Newly "pinball bitten" Swede here, got my first machine this summer in a straight "My thing for your thing" trade deal i made, a Sega Hang-On deluxe (the big red motorcycle one)arcade in dead condition for a working but in need of a loving hand Grand Lizard.

Well after some months of tender loving care, i got it working fully and correctly with all the sounds (ROM was dead)new Xpin displays, resoldered cards/connections and no more ERROR messages when starting it up!

Still have some paintjobs on the outside of the cab, but gamefield is A-OK although some previous owner has done some paintjob on upper field, which im gonna have to redo.

Anyway, this september, i visited a pinball club some miles from me, and found a Dolly Parton pinball (-78) in dead condition, got it kinda cheap from the owner and after a week of measuring volts, switching fuses and going through all the connections i got it running too (had to resolder every card, 2 of the flippers EOS and fix some broken wiring), enjoyed Dolly until around 20th November, when i found a chap with a Gottlieb Volcano who was willing to do yet another straight "My thing for your thing" trade, Dolly for Volcano.

And now i have owned Volcano for some weeks, my third pinball :p

Been giving it the tender loving it deserves (better gameplay then Dolly, thats for sure, even without sound) but i have still the soundcard problem to fix, its one of those export cheap cards with no speech, seems the ROM or the card itself is busted, it gets the right voltages as far as ive measured but it dont do anything, planning to rebuild it to the US version instead.

Some pics:

IMG_1889.JPG IMG_1768.JPG IMG_1809.JPG

Welcome Luzur (how do you pronounce that?) you sure got bitten by the pinball bug pretty bad! Grand Lizard looks pretty awesome, can you post some pics of that one all lit up?

Sam, blimey how on earth did you recognise his avatar?

Welcome Luzur (how do you pronounce that?) you sure got bitten by the pinball bug pretty bad! Grand Lizard looks pretty awesome, can you post some pics of that one all lit up?

Sam, blimey how on earth did you recognise his avatar?

Ive ahve it all LED'd up, so will do!

Dunno, Lusur? Lusurur? depends alot if your french, german, italian, Irish or something LOL

Took a quick one of the Grand Lizard:

Attachments

• IMG_1769.JPG
    IMG_1769.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 12
Yo!

Newly "pinball bitten" Swede here, got my first machine this summer in a straight "My thing for your thing" trade deal i made, a Sega Hang-On deluxe (the big red motorcycle one)arcade in dead condition for a working but in need of a loving hand Grand Lizard.

Well after some months of tender loving care, i got it working fully and correctly with all the sounds (ROM was dead)new Xpin displays, resoldered cards/connections and no more ERROR messages when starting it up!

Still have some paintjobs on the outside of the cab, but gamefield is A-OK although some previous owner has done some paintjob on upper field, which im gonna have to redo.

Anyway, this september, i visited a pinball club some miles from me, and found a Dolly Parton pinball (-78) in dead condition, got it kinda cheap from the owner and after a week of measuring volts, switching fuses and going through all the connections i got it running too (had to resolder every card, 2 of the flippers EOS and fix some broken wiring), enjoyed Dolly until around 20th November, when i found a chap with a Gottlieb Volcano who was willing to do yet another straight "My thing for your thing" trade, Dolly for Volcano.

And now i have owned Volcano for some weeks, my third pinball :p

Been giving it the tender loving it deserves (better gameplay then Dolly, thats for sure, even without sound) but i have still the soundcard problem to fix, its one of those export cheap cards with no speech, seems the ROM or the card itself is busted, it gets the right voltages as far as ive measured but it dont do anything, planning to rebuild it to the US version instead.

Some pics:

View attachment 24442 View attachment 24440 View attachment 24441

Welcome

Re Volcano
you can easily modify it to fit the speech board,i have with mine.Need thespeech/sound board,sound power supply board and a connector

As with ALL sys 80 gottliebs, check all pins-many will be bent putting no tension on the board contacts or even pins cracked - trust me on that I have a few Gotts!

Last edited:
@TYHO is a Gotlieb system 80 nut.
Your in good hands, he's the guy on this forum to talk to about anything system 80 related.
And also @JMP another system 80 nutter, both great guys.

Welcome

Re Volcano
you can easily modify it to fit the speech board,i have with mine.Need thespeech/sound board,sound power supply board and a connector

As with ALL sys 80 gottliebs, check all pins-many will be bent putting no tension on the board contacts or even pins cracked - trust me on that I have a few Gotts!

Well, i found a french Gottlieb card that does the same thing but cheaper (Originals and Swemmer (sp?) are like double the price compared to this card

http://www.flippp.fr/pifx.php

Pascal does those and believe me his stuff is fantastic.He is a friend,great guy and extremely knowledgeable on Gotts.His cpu boards **** all over the original ones and great quality,as I would expect the sound cards to be

Pascal does those and believe me his stuff is fantastic.He is a friend,great guy and extremely knowledgeable on Gotts.His cpu boards **** all over the original ones and great quality,as I would expect the sound cards to be

Yep, im gonna order one from him now after the holidays.

Back
Top Bottom