What's new

Great start to the holidays.....

Wiredworm

Registered
Away on holiday and found three pins within 5 minutes walk of where we are staying. Tables are Batman:The Dark Knight, Elvis and Shrek.

Only played Elvis so far. £1 for a 5 ball games. Flippers a little weak but not much else wrong with it. Doubtless I will be back to play more over the coming week, although I've clearly been spoilt having a pin on freeplay at home. :)

Of course I had to look like a massive nerd and take a photo. Dark Knight out of shot to the left.

20140802_180608.jpg

Sunny Skegness. Only and hour from home but we have to stay relatively local as our foster daughter can be a little unpredictable.

I think there are other pins here too so I hope to seek them out over the coming week.

Sunny Skegness. Only and hour from home but we have to stay relatively local as our foster daughter can be a little unpredictable.

I think there are other pins here too so I hope to seek them out over the coming week.

My old hometown! Hopefully explains why I'm into all this coin-operated stuff.

Staying anywhere nice? I can recommend a good family-owned seafront hotel near the Pier. Number 2 on trip advisor (was top for a few years until people got wiser to trip advisor).

As above, where are these games? I'm heading there in 2weeks to see family (who own the afore mentioned hotel).

Have they still got the knackered TAF in the Pier arcade....it used to be upstairs where the pool tables are? I think they had a POTC last time I was there too :)

I was a little inaccurate with my original post as they weren't in Skegness, but just up the road in Ingoldmells.

We've rented a static caravan for the week so have been having a few days out and about including a trip to the Pleasure Beach today and a visit to Butlins yesterday.

Went to Fantasy Island and found an Addams Family which was in reasonable condition. The lower right flipper wouldn't hold up but other than that it seemed ok. Also spotted a Jack Bot and a Lord of the Rings but didn't have time to play those.

As for Skegness itself I found a couple on the pier as mentioned. Didn't realise there was a problem with The Addams Family until I locked two balls and then it started to do a ball search. Almost as if it was only loaded with two balls.

There was a Pirates of the Caribbean next to it with a stupidly sensitive tilt sensor or some loose wiring, as it rebooted during the middle of the game when I gave it a bit too much of a shove. Played the next game more gingerly and it was fine.

Nice to see so many pins in a relatively small area.

Here was the Addams at Fantasy Island. Think it was set a little easy as I got a replay on it.

20140804_130310.jpg

Back
Top Bottom