What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great doc " the king of arcades"

D

Deleted member 181

Just watched this awesome doc and can really recommend it. Although mainly following Richie Knucklez around it really is a story I think we can all relate to here on this group :)

It's not as good as " the king of kong" but still bloody brilliant.
Eugene Jarvis creator of defender and Robotron is a total dude :)

Looks good, but yeah, where to find it?

King of kong was great too.

Another good one is 'Indie Game: The movie' on Netflix (and others).

Watched this one last night. Was pretty good:

Video.Games.The.Movie.2014.HDRip.XViD

(Link removed - Apologies however cant have linking to torrents!)...

Last edited by a moderator:
excellent, let's make this thread a list of great nerdy pinball and arcade films we can swap and lend and borrow etc. i have lots but also have a wishlist of others i want. but am wary of suggesting piracy on a public forum, so i'll just say that i don't mind lending a copy of my files, and would like to borrow someone else's files.

so what have you guys all got?

excellent, let's make this thread a list of great nerdy pinball and arcade films we can swap and lend and borrow etc. i have lots but also have a wishlist of others i want. but am wary of suggesting piracy on a public forum, so i'll just say that i don't mind lending a copy of my files, and would like to borrow someone else's files.

so what have you guys all got?

So are you saying that you have these on "media" and are willing to lend them to others??

Ok thats fine :D

Using this as my web site reference of the week: http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p01_uk_copyright_law

7. Restricted acts: It is an offence to perform any of the following acts without the consent of the owner:
  • Copy the work.
  • Rent, lend or issue copies of the work to the public.
  • Perform, broadcast or show the work in public.
  • Adapt the work.
So copying and lending them to the public is going to be an offence.
We must define how the Public differ from a friend, for instance I don't know the name of the public but I do know the name of my friends. Lending to my friends is fine.

8. Acts that are allowed: Fair dealing is a term used to describe acts which are permitted to a certain degree without infringing the work, these acts are:
  • Private and research study purposes.
  • Performance, copies or lending for educational purposes.

This is an interesting watch. (3 parts)

Just watched parts 1-3 back-to-back. Mmm... scary. Doesn't look like they're having much fun... and quite easy to see why the ladies don't hang around pinball expos much unless they're being paid to be on the vendor stands o_O

If you have Amazon Prime you can watch The King of Arcades for free. Just watching it now :)
Thanks for the tip off, just watched it. Wow trip down memory lane, wish I kept my Defender and my wife just reminded me that she said I shouldn’t have sold it!
Just going to play her at AFM and let her beat me then get my mame cab on and play Donkey Kong😁

Watched that last night, great documentary. Loved the effort he put in to his restorations and the community spirit throughout the whole film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have Amazon Prime you can watch The King of Arcades for free. Just watching it now :)
Thanks for the heads up.
Actually if you type ‘arcade’ into the Amazon Prime search box there are a few arcade related documentaries that come up.

Well worth a go. Very geeky.

Good to see that these early machines are now being recognised for the pop culture icons/ artforms that they are.

Born in the early 70s, I am in the absolute sweet spot for this orgy of nostalgia.

What was better, when you were 8/ 9/ 10/ 11 years old than a well stocked amusement arcade and a bunch of 10p coins in your pocket ? A complete assault on your senses when you walked in.

Only thing that came close for me was the mix of booze, sticky floors, nicotine stench, smoke machines and deafening music of concerts/ clubs when you were 18 or so.

Thanks for sharing the link

Last edited:
Makes me wonder how long these original monitors can survive, surely they have to pack up and become un-repairable sooner or later? They are also quite a bulky item to keep stock of.

Richie Knucklez is a superstar; a really down to earth nice guy who is has immense passion for video games. I met him without knowing anything about who he was and we chatted for hours, I was planning a trip to his arcade in New Jersey as part of my trip to NYCPC but that's unfortunately all now cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom