What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Grand Prix VP Build

Can not see a video mate, really not sure on the graphic at the bottom. I guess it is personal preference. It does look better lit up - I would say that.

Turning into a nice build. My 3d printed plungers always snap so when I get them - the first thing I do is break them! Yes sounds mad. But then I superglue it and clamp it. As I use the thick glue it is alot better when done but doesnt cure in the 15-20 seconds it says. More like 4 hours as it gets into the perferations in the print and fills them up so it is stronger. I thought about drilling a hole into the printing and injecting superglue. Or get Colin to make something better that is not 3d printed.

First few Vpins you make takes ages. I have a 1TB USB3 hard drive that I have all my files on. Down to the NVRAM files for all the roms I use. I still have to mess about with stuff for a couple of days to get it to work.

For your volume issue on your table, I would say get an amplifier and wire a sub and backbox speakers. Really surprised you are still using the TV speakers. I do not have mine loud but I do enjoy the quality of having decent speakers. IF you need a link to amp and speakers drop me a PM anytime (as you already know).

Can not see a video mate, really not sure on the graphic at the bottom. I guess it is personal preference. It does look better lit up - I would say that.

Turning into a nice build. My 3d printed plungers always snap so when I get them - the first thing I do is break them! Yes sounds mad. But then I superglue it and clamp it. As I use the thick glue it is alot better when done but doesnt cure in the 15-20 seconds it says. More like 4 hours as it gets into the perferations in the print and fills them up so it is stronger. I thought about drilling a hole into the printing and injecting superglue. Or get Colin to make something better that is not 3d printed.

First few Vpins you make takes ages. I have a 1TB USB3 hard drive that I have all my files on. Down to the NVRAM files for all the roms I use. I still have to mess about with stuff for a couple of days to get it to work.

For your volume issue on your table, I would say get an amplifier and wire a sub and backbox speakers. Really surprised you are still using the TV speakers. I do not have mine loud but I do enjoy the quality of having decent speakers. IF you need a link to amp and speakers drop me a PM anytime (as you already know).
Cheers.

I ordered another plunger and this one didn’t snap (yet).

I think the apron looks good on the Grand Prix cab but does look a bit wonky when you put a table that’s not Grand Prix on it but then the pinball icon apron doesn’t go with the theme of the cab but I prefer them both to the ply I had there before.

I’m OK with the TV sound but then again haven’t heard it run through amp so nothing to compare it to but it did sound a bit naff when I cranked it up to 100 to play AC/DC for the video I just linked to but won’t get much chance to play that loud with the missus around anyway.

I think the only thing I might do at some point in the future with it is add the colour DMD files and maybe PinSound (mainly for the Elvis as I have created my own sound files for my real Elvis machine).

I don’t think I want to go down route of adding feedback devices - have put way too many hours in to it already!

Thanks for all your help buddy and @tyke, @Marvello and @ChrisH / I literally couldn’t have done it without you - well I probably could but it would have taken me a hell of a lot longer!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom