What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grail pins

steve brum

Site Supporter
My grail pin arrives tomorrow , only took 30 years since I first played one

Anyone still hunting that ONE illusive game , or if you have found it , did it just drop into your hands or did you have to move heaven and earth for it!

I had it (T2), swore I'd never sell it, kept it 3 years and sold it. Loved the game but I moved on from it and kept it probably for longer than I should have. Picked it up at a time before games started to vanish into collections never to reappear, didn't have to move heaven and earth. Just knew who had it and asked them to let me know if they'd ever sell it, I think about a month later they messaged me wanting to get shot of it.

My grail pin was Whirlwind, I shipped a Diamond plate in from Germany (2005) only to get bullied into selling 12 months later. 5 years ago I found another and spent a far bit of time getting it to play like I remembered. Never go more than a few days between playing, this will be the last asset to leave me, regardless of what the future brings!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally tracked down a TAF a couple of years ago, i was trying to find a reasonable priced project one for years, came to the final conclusion that they simply don’t exist so jumped in an Happy I did!
had a 8 year battle with a Star Wars arcade but finally won that one so all good here it just takes time

Anyone still hunting that ONE illusive game , or if you have found it , did it just drop into your hands or did you have to move heaven and earth for it!
and it is???????

Had a few hardbody. I sold one working on ebay for £200 and had a return claim as a few bulbs were out. The subsequent ones got broken up on arrival. On a similar theme though my friend Jon is after a Sexy Girl

Ah very good. Hows the playfield on that, mine isn't the best shall we say...

Grail pin was Twilight Zone, now on my 3rd machine is 7yrs. But now Iron Maiden is here it's not getting a look-in.

I'd miss it if i sold it, but while owning it i don't play it :cuckoo:

Chances are the one you played back then was the one belonging to Jerry Sidman, which used to appear at Poa shows. The only one I've ever even seen, still less played. And the only machine I know of with a 'doodle bug' captive ball above the playfield (i.e. with the magnet working through the wood, though I suspect there are layers of ply removed from the under side, as with magna-saves)

Last edited:
Jerrys was only one l ever played not been one at pinball expos ive been to and one that l think peter heath brought to one of the uk pin shows wouldnt play ball.

Well done Steve on finding your grail machine, a very satisfying feeling!

I searched for my Rotation VIII, took many years but I love it, in it's case, not the best game play, but simple and fun, love that machine though.

Was the same with two cars I bought and still have, just what I wanted, love them, very satisfying feeling, but two isn't exactly 'a' grail, ha ha!

Enjoy!

When new the distributor Ruffler and Deith imported 4.

Last I heard, one was in Essex (with new playfield) one was in Camden Town.

My grail machine is TZ and never ever imagined getting hold of one ...i now have it and love it to bits :)
i probably have a few new grail pins now so maybe in the near future that may happen :-D

All up and running. More a request play than coin op in the line for this one!

Attachments

• 20201024_122125-1.jpg
    20201024_122125-1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20201024_122030.jpg
    20201024_122030.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 51
I always thought the art on the backglass on solar fire,was a knock off of cylon raiders from the original battlestar galactica

Last edited:
its challenging but rewarding esp in multiball. ill post a video tomorrow. great fun with 3 balls and magna save

Back
Top Bottom