What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gottlieb System 80a Playfield Lamps out.

Tombyrne

Registered
Hi, As always I need some help with my Rocky.
For some reason half the lamps on the playfield have gone out.
No fuses gone.
Is there a board out somewhere?
Can't see any loose connections.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

is it the connectors that take the wires from the lamp board to the playfield could be causing a loose connection - press them in even if they look to be in. Had a similar problem with my Paragon, and it occasionally comes back, so I know i'll probably have to rebuild the connecters at some stage.

I have been under the playfield and may have disturbed something. More concerned I blown a circuit board

so is this gi out or the playfield controlled insert lights,just to confirm

if it's controlled lights let us know which but general Gottlieb check interconnect loom and also output connectors

and bear in mind a weird thing that Gottlieb games sometimes use a small metal tang screwed onto underneath of the playfield,and then soldering two or three cables to ir thus using connection as a link point,if one or more have come off you lose stuff,have had it happen to me a few months ago

so is this gi out or the playfield controlled insert lights,just to confirm

if it's controlled lights let us know which but general Gottlieb check interconnect loom and also output connectors
Its like the half the GI lights are out but for example 3 pop bumpers on the left hand side are out but the one on the RHS works as it should.

and bear in mind a weird thing that Gottlieb games sometimes use a small metal tang screwed onto underneath of the playfield,and then soldering two or three cables to ir thus using connection as a link point,if one or more have come off you lose stuff,have had it happen to me a few months ago
Ok thanks, it does have that so I will check.

don't have schematics at hand but it also possible the gi is also controlled by one of the underplayfied relays , just have a quick look at connections on them, you can also manually operate those relays. Off memory q t and u relays? Could be wrong,just look at your schematic,i will try n look in a couple of days if i have it on file

don't have schematics at hand but it also possible the gi is also controlled by one of the underplayfied relays , just have a quick look at connections on them, you can also manually operate those relays. Off memory q t and u relays? Could be wrong,just look at your schematic,i will try n look in a couple of days if i have it on file
Ta

Sounds like you have a wire off. Follow the lit lights round to the last one in the string then see if there is a wire off that one or the next one in the chain that is not lit.

Sounds like you have a wire off. Follow the lit lights round to the last one in the string then see if there is a wire off that one or the next one in the chain that is not lit.
That sounds like a plan, I hope it is something like that. I will have a good look and see what i can see.
As always, many thanks for the help.
Tom

I'm sure there is a nasty 'wire pulling troll' that secretly travels up and down the country, comes around at night just pulling a wire off a pinball machine at random and then disappears onto the next victim........

Back
Top Bottom