What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gottlieb excalibur switch fault

domlouis

Registered
hello
Calling my fellow gottlieb companions.
I have a fault on my excalibur where all the switches on the same row in the switch matrix are not registering. This is switches 40, 41, etc to 46.
As shown on the photo attached from the manual, I read this row to be the 5th pin on connector A1J6.
I had a look at A1J6 connector and i could see that the crimp terminal for pin 5 seemed a bit dodgy so I replaced it. Turned it back on expecting to be a genius and to pat myself on the back but the fault is still there.
So two questions to you:
- in order to determine whether there is a fault in the cabling, can I test for continuity between one of the switches and the pin terminal? If this proves continuity then the fault must be on the board, is that correct?
- anything else I ought to check before I dive into all this?
Thanks
Dom

Attachments

• 20200724_170406.jpg
    20200724_170406.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 6
Yes I don't mind sharing my own stupidity.
When I replaced the crimp terminal for pin 5, it looks like I didn't push it the connector far enough. These are edge connectors. When I put the connector back in place, the edge of the board pushed the crimp terminal slightly out of the connector. And that was enough to stop the contact. Rookie mistake, but then again I am a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom