What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GOTG Code

Jim’s code all the way forget cleland and the rest.
this. Is the ultimate music pin bar none imo without actually being a music pin

the problem I found with clelands was just too much overload of music and drowning the mode cinematic music and call outs. whereas jimsnonly plays track while out of mode which is a perfect balance.

Last edited:
Go with Cleland you won’t regret it.

Tried both, there’s just so many more songs on this version.

The kids love it, they weren’t happy about losing their favourite tracks.

And to be honest, the non-song movie music isn’t that great.

+ 1 for Cleland..
Just my preference but I love the music playing in the modes, with the call outs in the background..

lets face it..all the call outs are is the film scene dialog.. that’s it, and after a while it gets on ya tits!

About time for another code update I reckon, last one was december 2018.

Rules are good but they definitely need polishing up.

Have any of the audio mixes got “ come and get your love “ by redbone ? Kinda the since most associated with the movie ... Mine should be here sometime I hope 😂
Yes - Quill’s quest mode (cleland code). Probably my least played mode as it’s the hardest to complete!

Have any of the audio mixes got “ come and get your love “ by redbone ? Kinda the since most associated with the movie ... Mine should be here sometime I hope 😂

Good shout, i think I will probably add that one into my tape list as it is a great song and a great scene from the film. If I’m honest I thought that was already in there! But I guess I went with a few others at the time.

there’s also the 3rd film coming out so I may do another version after this to

the lucky thing here for owners is there’s plenty of choice for custom versions to choose from and likely future updates from us modders. Imagine if you were all stuck using sterns effort!! In fact it’s likely future games won’t be able to be customised in the same way so gotg is a gem 💎

Yes the code has been out a while but I think it’s well polished and still the No1 pin in my collection especially with Jim’s enhancement.
BTW Jim @myPinballs if you do add come and get your love pleas hook me up for my LE
Col

Yeah the code is great and my Premium is going nowhere for a long time, but it does need some tweaks. Like having to watch the second mode intro sequence after you've drained. Also a lack of info about what's going with some of the rules, for instance during Antiquities Shop mode 2, no indication of how many switch hits you've made towards completing the mode?
It's just little things that would make the code feel more complete.

Also think that Groot multiball and Cherry Bomb are awesome but Orb multiball is a bit boring, sure they could probably do something better with that.

Just to clarify about the sound mod versions, as people seem to want different things:

Cleland did the original sound mod and replaced all Stern's voice actor callouts with actual samples from the films. He's also added a lot of songs from both movies, managed to cram a lot in there. Not sure how many tracks on this version, probably about 20 I would guess . Some are just short loop samples, like the intro to each mode, which ends as soon as you hit the first switch. Some modes have a song playing, some just have the movie cinematic music, so you get the best of both worlds.

Sinestro modified Cleland's version to just have the new callouts, with the stock Stern music, ie cinematic music during the modes and one of four different songs playing while out of mode.

Applejuice / myPinballs modified Sinestro's version by adding more songs taking it from 4 to 12 out of modes tracks, also put Mr Blue Sky back in for mode selection and added The Chain for game over.

Apologies if I've got this wrong, Jim or anybody let me know I'll edit it.

Aldo just want to add that I appreciate all the work that goes into these mods that really are game changers. GOTG is completely transformed, and I probably would have got rid of The Walking Dead a while ago if not for the alternative codes.

Last edited:
I heard recently ( yes, on a podcast Mark ;) ) that the latest stern code updates have blocked the ability for pinball browser to change the music going forward, and it's been changed to a degree that can't be overcome ( heard that before ). Speculation that they did this because a few moders have been charging for their code releases ( the guy who made Disco Maiden? ). Anyone know more about this?

Just to clarify about the sound mod versions, as people seem to want different things:

Cleland did the original sound mod and replaced all Stern's voice actor callouts with actual samples from the films. He's also added a lot of songs from both movies, managed to cram a lot in there. Not sure how many tracks on this version, probably about 20 I would guess . Some are just short loop samples, like the intro to each mode, which ends as soon as you hit the first switch. Some modes have a song playing, some just have the movie cinematic music, so you get the best of both worlds.

Sinestro modified Cleland's version to just have the new callouts, with the stock Stern music, ie cinematic music during the modes and one of four different songs playing while out of mode.

Applejuice / myPinballs modified Sinestro's version by adding more songs taking it from 4 to 12 out of modes tracks, also put Mr Blue Sky back in for mode selection and added The Chain for game over.

Apologies if I've got this wrong, Jim or anybody let me know I'll edit it.

Yep pretty accurate summary, thanks for doing that. Just to add a few extra items for my version, i added a special shorter edited version of fox on the run for the double scoring mode music to. I also changed a few game settings so that it does not start the game with the mode select already qualified, it starts with the tape player and you qualify the mode start from a shot on the playfield. I also tweaked various in game setting defaults such as the ball saver timer and replay to extra ball etc.

I heard recently ( yes, on a podcast Mark ;) ) that the latest stern code updates have blocked the ability for pinball browser to change the music going forward, and it's been changed to a degree that can't be overcome ( heard that before ). Speculation that they did this because a few moders have been charging for their code releases ( the guy who made Disco Maiden? ). Anyone know more about this?

Yep they've ****ed off the pinball browser creator quite bit by making things harder for him. Not surprising as he started allowing modifications to the graphics and sounds of all the latest versions, ie games that were still being made. Not a smart move. Eticate with modding/hacking was always to leave the current system alone until all licences and games had earned/expried and all money needed was taken. He's shot him self in the foot somewhat and i dont blame stern at all. I hope he moves on to sort out and improve features for sam and whitestar game modifications.

I imagine its a tricky call to take when bruce dickinson calls up gary to say why the **** is my game playing disco??? (joking, but you get the point)

Jim’s is the best code by far, Clelands is a mess of stop/start tracks with vocals at the same time as call outs.
Jim’s is more subtle and works as you’d expect to, plenty of songs still and way better than stock.
Great game, not sure what I’m doing yet but still loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jim’s is the best code by far, Clelands is a mess of stop/start tracks with vocals at the same time as call outs.
Jim’s is more subtle and works as you’d expect to, plenty of songs still and way better than stock.
Great game, not sure what I’m doing yet but still loving it.

Does Jim's have Mr Blue Sky? That would be my 1st requirement?

+1 for Jim’s I like the way the music plays out of mode. This is only way it should be.

Owned this for two days and just completed final Wizard mode - is that normal for a very average player?

Also has anyone tried playing this with movie lines turned off - I’m 50/50 currently how I prefer it but some of the movie quotes go on a bit, aren’t too relevant and not that clear to understand either.
e70f0802ce8e1a07b10f3adaaea32314.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure it’s not set to easy? 2 of the last pins that I acquired were set to extra easy with SM on 5 balls and LOTR on 4 balls.
I factory set them both which defaulted them at. Normal with 3 balls
Before the reset the games we re ridiculous and thought they were never going to end.

Installed Stern code, set to factory then fix the same with Jim’s & compared. Jim has changed some of the factory defaults.
Adj 3 & 14 should be ‘credit’ but in Jim’s both are set to extra balls. Ball save (adj 46) should be 5 secs, Jim’s is set to 12. That’s all I could find but obviously that would make a big difference!
I now playing with Jim’s code, but factory settings changed back to stock & all movie lines OFF. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Installed Stern code, set to factory then fix the same with Jim’s & compared. Jim has changed some of the factory defaults.
Adj 3 & 14 should be ‘credit’ but in Jim’s both are set to extra balls. Ball save (adj 46) should be 5 secs, Jim’s is set to 12. That’s all I could find but obviously that would make a big difference!
I now playing with Jim’s code, but factory settings changed back to stock & all movie lines OFF. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

My version also starts with no mode in play, so that makes it harder though ,no? As with most things, there are various options out there for people to enjoy. Choose whichever one you like and be glad there are variations to try. If you try my version then you get the settings i like :)

My version also starts with no mode in play, so that makes it harder though ,no? As with most things, there are various options out there for people to enjoy. Choose whichever one you like and be glad there are variations to try. If you try my version then you get the settings i like :)

Your code made me think I was a good player [emoji23]
I’m loving it just wanted to work out what settings had been altered- I think I got them all. [emoji106]

Your code made me think I was a good player [emoji23]
I’m loving it just wanted to work out what settings had been altered- I think I got them all. [emoji106]

my default settings for all games

3 balls per game
2 extra balls (which move with scores previously played)
special (if used) extra ball
ball save set to 12 secs
everything else factory

used them since the beginning of time in the late 80s!

Owned this for two days and just completed final Wizard mode - is that normal for a very average player?
Sometimes you just get that one single game where everything goes right, other times there are games that suit your particular style of play. (AIQ was just such a game with me - 32 games from NIB to complete everything the code at the time

3Bil looks a little small for completing both Save Xander (playing every mode) and Immolation Initiative (completing every mode). I would expect a score significantly over 5bil.

Sometimes you just get that one single game where everything goes right, other times there are games that suit your particular style of play. (AIQ was just such a game with me - 32 games from NIB to complete everything the code at the time

3Bil looks a little small for completing both Save Xander (playing every mode) and Immolation Initiative (completing every mode). I would expect a score significantly over 5bil.

I definitely completed them all, maybe just didn’t maximise scoring opportunities. I’ve adjusted ball save time & extra balls now.

<sigh> Still not got that far on AIQ.

Wayne, you got those the wrong way round. Immolation is getting half progress in all the modes (so they are flashing on the playfield) and from watching Josh is the one that has really big points.

Save Xandar is completing all modes (solid on playfield), including multi balls.

<another sigh> Owned GOTG for ages and still haven't got to Save Xandar, having bricked the scoop shot at every opportunity.

Check the timers are set to factory as I don’t think this is an easy game for an average player modes time out quick
Now you have said this Andy I bet you never come close again 😂

Check the timers are set to factory as I don’t think this is an easy game for an average player modes time out quick
Now you have said this Andy I bet you never come close again [emoji23]

Exactly that, I’m now averaging around 200,000 lol but I’m fine with that. Must have been a combination of the extra balls, ball save time & just had a good game.

Back
Top Bottom