What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gorgar. Military background

Mooseman

Site Supporter
well today I set up my Gorgar after NLP 2014. Lieing under it as you do to move it into position I noticed this text that I had never noticed before.
image.jpeg

It says
Lyneham Minerval 20/may/86
Have been hiding under here for 2 hours. With a bit of luck no-one will find me before my shift ends and I wont get mucked about by stupid officers or NCOS. This is the only useful thing about this machine.

So it seems my Gorgar possibly has a military past and the squadie was no pinball fan.

I once had a pinball with writing on the inside. It said 'FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LET ME OUT !!!'

it there are scars around 2 foot in then machine was once in an ice rink. a frustrated kick from a skater hits the machines belly about there

Having no military experience I thought all grunts were squadies.

I also thought Lyneham Minerval might of been his name.

Lyneham is RAF, HMS Minerval is or was a ship (Navy) which has helicopters so this person could of been in the Navy or RAF.

I'd like to think that he'd enjoy pinball at the right time of day, in the evening in the NAAFI but during the day when it's all closed it could of been a good hiding place for someone.

Lyneham is RAF, HMS Minerval is or was a ship (Navy) which has helicopters so this person could of been in the Navy or RAF.

That may be so but a Min Eval isn't a ship but it was the reason why he was hiding under a pinball machine... AIUI you really didn't want to be caught during a Min Eval as you were likely to be subjected to dodgy interrogation techniques..! :eek:

pinball on ships would be fun. would need tilt deactivated though. howabout playing orbiter 1 on a bumpy ocean?

back in the POA days a guy used to have 2 pins on an oil rig brought over by helicopter. probably only time a pin has been moved by chopper

Back
Top Bottom