What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Home Assistant - Help!?!

Rob zombie

Site Supporter
Ok so I decided to buy a load of Nest Mini's, some Smart Plugs snd some colour changing WiFi bulbs. All was great and the future had arrived as I sat there trying to work out the limits of such a system.....

....and then the kids arrived home from school. If you've got one of these setups you'll already know the rest. ****ing nightmare!!! Lights on and off every few seconds. Stupid inane questions. Coffee machine on and off on and off on and off.

How the heck do you setup up parental restrictions on this thing?!?!!?

i wouldn't worry about the parental control, more about how much data you're sending to Bezos to mine and then sell, you wouldn't catch me with ring, alexa, google anything in my house, and yes i work in IT and yes i'm paranoid...and it pays off...no junk mail, no FB ads on subjects i have been discussing in the house blah blah....I'm not immune but i keep my exposure to such data mining as small as possible.

Yeah not too worried about that. I used to be but honestly I don't think the Illuminati can learn much from my family apart from the odd recipe and just how much **** I already buy.

Back
Top Bottom