What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Godzilla Stock, Back from NY

Order 2781

- Placed at 16:15 for items in stock picked, packed, and postage paid for. 6.9.2021

- Cancelled at 22:15 due to realising it would make the playfield darker. 6.9.2021

- Replied to email 7.9.2021 @ 21:04 stating that I had got home, removed from Royal Mail sack that evening. Would refund when did admin at week end, as have to cancel off order my side, rebalance accounting etc.

- Chaser email 9.9.2021 asking for refund at 08:51

- Refund given 9.9.2021

You’ve missed out a couple of messages there where I questioned why I wouldn’t get the postage back etc
Jump on the defensive, carry on backing up bad service and continue to lose customers. It’s a real shame.

You’ve missed out a couple of messages there where I questioned why I wouldn’t get the postage back etc
Jump on the defensive, carry on backing up bad service and continue to lose customers. It’s a real shame.

Hey Andy,

Sorry, just want to be clear on why it wasn’t as I said (probably not as detailed) in the email. It was because it was picked, packed, and postage applied via Royal Mail. This then goes on the account. When that is manifested. It is charged by RM.

I hadn’t, checked the email at 22:15 before going to work the next day and orders were picked and packed the night before and added to anything that came in that Katie could do, when I got home. I came in and fished out that order (I remember having to cut the cable tie and fish it out).

When an order is placed online, it generates a record in the accounting system. Which then has to be be balanced against account and the auto generated invoice. That’s fine. Easy and a few clicks.

With a refund, the order then has to be manually refunded in PayPal. Then a refund notice has to come from PayPal, downloaded, named allocated to the PayPal statement. It just takes time and means it has to be done, whereas the above doesn’t require any intervention until week end, when I settle everything up.

To refund the RM bit, a whole load of other paperwork from RM has to be filled out, which wouldn’t get approved even though it hasn’t scanned in at there end.

I’m really sorry you had to wait three days for a refund, and that you had to chase with two emails, three hours apart asking for it. I think I promised I would do it quicker for you and something came up in between, as it can do when you are doing such things in the evening. So, my sincere apologies on this.

download (1).jpeg

I’m not saying everything goes right, so there’s no denial.

However as I said, with 10 orders going out a day for the couple of weeks and generally high numbers, the vast majority go off without a hitch.

The biggest issue is stock outages and back orders. that’s usually for custom stuff from either Mezel or TILT. Then I make no bones about the fact that it can take many weeks.

We have pretty much sold out of LE speaker rings now, I can’t get them for another few months, literally months, as he can’t build them quick enough. That’s the supply chain right now.

I stand by the fact, as I said, I’m happy to refund anyone for anything on order not here and ship the rest that is, and I’ve provided updates on the other items above.

Our number is on the website, phone is on. We have dinner as a family on Friday night at 6pm, so I’m free until then to talk and action anything anyone wants up until then.

James you’re still playing it down, I am now getting PM’s from people sharing their bad PB experiences and thanking me for speaking up as they didn’t feel comfortable doing so. I really didn’t expect that.

Could you ask them to DM me too so I can resolve. You say I’m playing it down, but unless I can see it. I can’t fix it. If anything I’m playing it up and giving people a chance to raise it with me directly.

How many DM’s have you had?

A month after my order, and getting no replies on email, I contacted through Facebook messenger
And this was the response I received
Not exactly what I would call great communication, and about as vague as you can get !

Attachments

• E6085F18-B1F5-4A1B-A5FF-920D47FEDECD.jpeg
    E6085F18-B1F5-4A1B-A5FF-920D47FEDECD.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 107
  • E866330E-79E3-4D73-A2BA-08AE982AAB86.jpeg
    E866330E-79E3-4D73-A2BA-08AE982AAB86.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 105
Looks like James (not me for clarity 👍) who is doing the builds and helps out when he is in, didn’t follow up on the rest of the message.

Sorry about that @Doggard - that’s actually just weird.

Thanks for bringing up as you did earlier that you’ve now cancelled. Appreciate the feedback. I’ve just FB messaged you to look into emails also.

Last edited:
Could you ask them to DM me too so I can resolve. You say I’m playing it down, but unless I can see it. I can’t fix it. If anything I’m playing it up and giving people a chance to raise it with me directly.

How many DM’s have you had?
Enough DM’s, PM’s (messenger), Whatsapps & conversations for me to feel justified in posting what I have so far on this thread.

I think this all a bit nasty and unnecessary. I have purchased through James. He has been honest and done his best. He tries to provide us with the pinball bits and bobs that we want and would be difficult to get hold of otherwise. He may not be as efficient and faultless as Amazon, but he's honest and tries to give us what we want. I'm sure there are reasons for grumbles, but I think this is unnecessary. I'm grateful for him trying to offer the community the parts we want.

Hey James, any sign mate of the GnR side blades?
Don’t want to miss the boat as I believe they are limited run.
If a problem, I’ll see if I can source….
Cheers

I think this all a bit nasty and unnecessary. I have purchased through James. He has been honest and done his best. He tries to provide us with the pinball bits and bobs that we want and would be difficult to get hold of otherwise. He may not be as efficient and faultless as Amazon, but he's honest and tries to give us what we want. I'm sure there are reasons for grumbles, but I think this is unnecessary. I'm grateful for him trying to offer the community the parts we want.
yeah I agree - #139 is were it starts, shocking really. :rofl:

I agree, James doesn’t deserve some of the stick he’s getting. The lad is having a go.
Keep at it James. 😉👍😉👍

I’m sure James is thick skinned enough to take this info and use it to improve service where he can. Sometimes it’s better to get it all out there and people can make up their own minds 👍

Hi all,

Just a quick update on stock and some news from
Mezel :)

We have two sets of LE speaker light kits (conversion) still available.

LE kits now sold out individually. To highlight the stock situation, we have an order of 40 kits in place with Doug, the lead time isn’t confirmed but is “in months, not weeks.”

PinShields have sold INCREDIBLY WELL these last few days, as have a lot of items, to those who support what we are doing, and even increased orders, thank you. We still have around 20 standard, and the same for wide in stock.

Comet LED’s are in good stock, the Fire LEDs sold really quickly, so some colours are on back order, order is in with Comet, should be here before Xmas. As soon as they are, they’ll ship.

In search of “improved service” a member has contacted Kristin at Mezel. Perhaps on the thought process that actually they ship instantly and my cries of delays are unfounded. Kristin, against my preference, wanted me to post this here.

B3B8BE79-2E00-4B7B-B057-1115974BF154.jpeg

Kristin has committed to shipping whatever is ready by micro order, on a monthly basis. So if one person orders 3 items not in UK stock, that individual order goes over to Mezel.then it ships with the bulk.

We also stock a wide range of stuff, including all the mando stuff available on the site ;) - every new game I take a bulk of items, pre ordered, so as soon as it’s ready, it gets shipped. Such as Mando. Godzilla due soon.

I also preordered the stage repair kits for GNR that we can’t get in from Germany, but Kristin hasn’t had those yet, I’ve not advertised them, but she’s been waiting on that for months too. It really is all around the industry.

Last lot of Medieval minipins goes out today/tomorrow. With AFM and TOTAN to follow.

GNR sideblades and toppers now sold out. No more to follow as of yet.

Thanks all.
James

In search of “improved service” a member has contacted Kristin at Mezel. Perhaps on the thought process that actually they ship instantly and my cries of delays are unfounded. Kristin, against my preference, wanted me to post this here.

I’ve emailed Mezel to simply ask if there was anyway to place orders without using Pinball Bazaar and Kristin was very helpful.
I’m in absolute no doubt cries of delays are founded, a handful of orders vs a single order would take longer I imagine.
My issue was being told ‘I’m placing an order today’ and then when chasing that up the replies suggest the order still hasn’t even been placed (weeks later).

Good communication and realistic delivery dates are most important. I think almost everyone can accept delays especially in these times of covid, shortages, Brexit VAT issues and increased popularity in pinball.

If you know an order might take a few months you don’t worry when it doesn’t turn up and you’re happy that although it takes some time to get here, you can still get something that may otherwise be difficult to get in this country or need $35 shipping for a $5 part.

If you’re expecting an order in a week or two at most and it doesn’t turn up, then you enquire about it and get no response you start to worry. Especially people who are new to the hobby and don’t know for sure which places can be trusted.

Good communication smooths out a lot of problems, minimises complaints and cancellations and builds good relationships, which in turn hopefully leads to repeat business.

Hi all,

Thank you all for the incredible rush of orders. It was really appreciated.

You should get a popup when going onto the site. However, just so everyone knows, we are sending until 23rd, then an extended break until 10th January. You can still order, but orders won't go out until then.

This year has been very odd in terms of things going on, so a break would be good.

Godzilla items are now in stock. If you are ordering. PLEASE check the stock status, as we will allow BACKORDER on items. This will then need to come from Mezel. As it stands, at least one in of everything.

Mandolorian stock is good too.

Now just one set of LE speaker upgrade rings available, this is the full kit. NO OTHER LE Kits available I am afraid. They are in with Doug (I think 40 sets?, need to check) but will go on Backorder after ordering, meaning you can place, but will have a lead time. His lead times are mid next year :O

If you are worried about backorders, it is at the bottom, we will try and make it more bold, but that is a job for the new year.

1640017016095.png

Oh and we got a huge shipment of FIRE Bulbs in, these have been selling like hot cakes, great effect, order here :p

LE Speaker Light kits are now sold out. The site is updated. Please note if you order, they will be on back order now.

1640018412410.png

Last edited:
Are you likely to get a volcano mod for LoTR? It’s in stock on the Mezel Mods website, but not here in the UK.

I have an orthanc mod order in with Mezel at the moment, can put a mount doom in also.

Those shooter lane protectors in yet James or still waiting on mezel?

Had a load of stuff in from Mezel. Hence a lot of orders went out today and GZ stuff arrived. No shooter lane protectors. A load of TSPP stuff missing we ordered they couldn't get.

Messaging people who had stuff they wanted. Messaged Kristin asking on protectors and other bits.

Back
Top Bottom