What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Godzilla next?

J.C.Rox

Site Supporter
So Stern have posted a jigsaw image with coming soon on it and the winner of "The Most Time on my Hands" award goes to this guy..
a5af3073db1a3d4fb3aadf36cf01cbec0e2de6bd.jpeg

Godzilla has been a contender for a while....stern have made one before and we know how they like to rehash old titles, (not looking at you Batman, all 6 versions!) And with new film coming out I'd day this is a fair contender for next game. Anyone got any further thoughts, speculation and/or leaked pictures, @Neil McRae ??

Maybe someone's overthinking it. perhaps Stern are getting into the jigsaw business?

The pro jigsaw boasts 900 of the 1000 pieces but has a bit more flow due to the reduced searching required. $85

The premium jigsaw comes complete with all pieces, a matching picture on the box and a slightly thicker cardboard for the pieces. $139.99

The LE (ultimate jigsaw) has a powder coated box, a reversible picture and is signed by some bloke most people have never heard of. $480 (price likely to increase without warning).

stern have the Godzilla license so you'd have to take that its that game.

Neil.

have to say though stern can barely cope with the demand for existing titles and nothing else is coming out so feels early to be putting this game out and it must be Brian Eddy...

also I think along wait late April early may annoucement.

Bit obvious for stern that
they love putting teasers out there though
March April I recon for announcements maybe it is Godzilla stern are struggling to get stuff built no avengers on production line till mid March due to lack of parts
But I recon led zep will get canned soon due to poor sales so should make some room on the production line
Not producing what people want never seems to put off stern launching new games

Money save for me, zero interest.
If it’s Godzilla, is this an attempt by Stern to push more into the Japanese & Chinese market?

I don't think I've ever seen a Godzilla film but can understand the appeal of the title. I feel Stern need to populate the playfield with a massive toy on this one. AIQ has some cracking shots but the it's wide open and relies on the artwork to really set the theme.

They're not going to get away with a drawing of a Godzilla on this theme. If they've purchased the licence for the largest of all the titans they can't mess about with a 1 dimensional piece of cut-out plastic with a 3 inch lizard drawn on it.

I'd imagine a lot of the work on Led Zep was done before Stern had seen G&R . . . . . I'd hope they'll come out fighting with their next release.

Mega geek post incoming. I love Godzilla. Had a massive Godzilla phase growing up. Such a great franchise. What began as a metaphor for Japan's fear of nuclear weaponry following the bombs evolved and changed so much and dipped it's toe into so many genres and trends. It's often bonkers of course and some times absolute garbage but at it's best it can be superb. Some of the Showa era stuff (early) is great. I'm not quite as bothered by the Heisei era but there's still some great films in there.

I'd say as a series it's perhaps a little hard to approach now, there's so many films, mixed timelines and a lot of nonsense but at it's best there's nothing quite like it!

Top tip. Watch Shin Godzilla from a couple of years back. First Toho Godzilla in forever. Directed by the creator of Neon Genesis Evangelion and it's absolutely incredible. Goes back to the series roots. Crazy ass film.

I've got so many ideas of things I'd like to see on a potential pin. Stern will almost certainly do none of them but I really hope they get it right.

Led Zeppelin is moving in the US Chris. LE's sold out apparently.

Stern say that all the time as soon as the 500 are pre sold to distributor s so it’s not fact and i can see them for sale at various is disstributors in the us I think the 10 spare le will be keeping the Beatles company at electrocoin
I suspect it will be like bk3000 low numbers produced and very few runs
The title has zero appeal to most people other that zep fans

Mega geek post incoming. I love Godzilla. Had a massive Godzilla phase growing up. Such a great franchise. What began as a metaphor for Japan's fear of nuclear weaponry following the bombs evolved and changed so much and dipped it's toe into so many genres and trends. It's often bonkers of course and some times absolute garbage but at it's best it can be superb. Some of the Showa era stuff (early) is great. I'm not quite as bothered by the Heisei era but there's still some great films in there.

I'd say as a series it's perhaps a little hard to approach now, there's so many films, mixed timelines and a lot of nonsense but at it's best there's nothing quite like it!

Top tip. Watch Shin Godzilla from a couple of years back. First Toho Godzilla in forever. Directed by the creator of Neon Genesis Evangelion and it's absolutely incredible. Goes back to the series roots. Crazy ass film.

I've got so many ideas of things I'd like to see on a potential pin. Stern will almost certainly do none of them but I really hope they get it right.

I did try and run that through Google translate but it's still a mystery 😉

Stern say that all the time as soon as the 500 are pre sold to distributor s so it’s not fact and i can see them for sale at various is disstributors in the us I think the 10 spare le will be keeping the Beatles company at electrocoin
I suspect it will be like bk3000 low numbers produced and very few runs
The title has zero appeal to most people other that zep fans

yes that I agree with you on. But I think its going to be a huge competition game - Ray has put alot of cool competition details into the rules - shame that nobody is able to play it to experience it and talk about it but I think this pin might be a late bloomer for those that like challenging competition games. Also doesn't help with the current DMCA YouTube/twitch **** that you can't stream it without being blocked.

Neil.

It maybe a great competition game but that certainly does not sell games most competition players in the uk never buy nib
The first thing that sells a game is titled and theme led zep is a limited market
Second is game play once everyone has seen and played it to me it looks shocking I suspect in the uk market it will bomb same sort of pattern Aerosmith

Weirdly in the last 3 or 4 months I’ve had several enquires from people trying to buy Aerosmith off me. I think people are waking up to the fact that it’s actually a decent game but with a theme that doesn’t resinate in the UK. (Or maybe it’s simply because it’s low cost compared to other lcd games).

The theme doesn't work for me. If they (Stern) are wanting to break into Chinese or Japanese market than fair enough, it's a strong theme. But I would have chosen Akira over Godzilla any day.

I find Godzilla a bit of an odd choice, if that is the new Stern (that guy who drew over the jigsaw is probably a Conspiracy Theorist!).

Most of the films are pretty poor (sorry @huggers) and I doubt it has a following like most of the other comic book themes. I guess time will tell.

I was gobsmacked when they released Led Zeppelin and I am not surprised if they are not selling.

Ha, it's all good John, theme is definitely too niche. We need Stern to stump up the cash and land something huge. Goonies, Back to the Future, Gremlins....

I think any theme can deliver if well designed, im not into fishing but love fishtales for example! Godzilla is a world wide household name and you know, old or young, that its a badass big dinosaur lizard bastard from the sea that will eat your village, destroy your cities and probably turd on your lawn if given half a chance. it will have instant curb appeal in a line up and would probably do well on site and home use, they also have the stats on how well the original sold for reference so hopefully this could be epic.

Brian Eddy so if Stranger Things is an AFM knock off then if this is MM or Shadow reborn you won't get any complaints from me!

Ha, it's all good John, theme is definitely too niche. We need Stern to stump up the cash and land something huge. Goonies, Back to the Future, Gremlins....
Back to the Future........that would be amazing!

With you on BTTF and Gremlins but I tried watching Goonies again recently.
It has some of the worst acting ever to grace the 📺 ....overrated IMO.

I don’t get why people think Godzilla isn’t a big theme. You’d be hard pushed to find someone who has never heard of it. Isn’t there a big budget film due out this year around Godzilla dating King Kong?
Becca went through a big phase last year of watching giant monster movies so I’d guess a lot of teenagers like them.
I suspect the new film will be utterly crap BUT it’s still a game with a well known big monster on the play field. I’d take it in a heartbeat over the latest superhero movie pin.
Visually any monster themed game is surely a better potential draw than a bunch of old geezers with guitars
Surely it must have an oversized Godzilla on the play field.

If Godzilla has his atomic breath, King Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra plus this;

I'll likely buy. I'm hoping it's not based on the modern American movies. Those films have good monster action but the melodramatic nonsense that runs alongside is total gibberish. Saying that, if you want a great modern monster movie check out Kong Skull Island. So good! It's like Apocalypse Now meets King Kong.

Back
Top Bottom