What's new

Gloss paint that actually stays white ???

DRD

Registered
Does anyone know of quality gloss paint that does not yellow please ?

I used dulux once white gloss on internal woodwork (having primed it) 3 years ago and it is already going bad

Thanks

Dulux satin is better mate. Doesn’t yellow but needs applying over correctly prepped surface otherwise it’ll peel off like a mother ****er

Reactions: DRD
I has seen professional paint go yellow in a month . It’s all about the lack of sun light . Stick with the system you have done , 3 years is pretty good . New paint unfortunately has less oil in it now so it’s crap now

All oil based paints yellow to some degree, I used to repaint rooms every 12 months due to yellowing, it was always worse on paint that didn’t see as much natural light.

Water based paint doesn’t yellow, it’s all I use now, admittedly it’s not as hard wearing to knocks and bumps as oil based products, but even with that in mind it still doesn’t need repainting as frequently.

Chris.

I now use water based gloss and it doesnt yellow at all - however it is not as hard wearing and not quite as glossy. Saying that though I wouldnt use anything else now.

Cheers

Kev

I have used this stuff for years and it doesn't yellow. But it is satin not gloss and I don't know if the gloss would be the same.

I couldn't get it at one time so I used the equivalent dulux instead for one room and that all yellowed in about a year so I had to repaint with the crown. I have never used dulux since.

I have used this stuff for years and it doesn't yellow. But it is satin not gloss and I don't know if the gloss would be the same.

I couldn't get it at one time so I used the equivalent dulux instead for one room and that all yellowed in about a year so I had to repaint with the crown. I have never used dulux since.

The reason it doesn't yellow is that it's water based.

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom