What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold (On hold) Gilligan's Island £1,000.

Dex-Jay

Site Supporter
Alias
Richard
Hi, selling my Gilligan’s Island. I had it last year as a non worker,

I’ve replaced quite a few Molex connectors as there was battery corrosion from a previous board and battery leakage. Also burning down to the GI on the connectors. Issues wise there is still a bad opto I think – I’ve repainted the underside of the spinning island black with to no avail. Knocker has been removed by a previous owner. Usual bleached side art, plastic trim missing around backglass. Backglass bleached and discoloured. Plays fine though apart from the ramp and island error. I’ve repainted the legs, replaced some rubbers. The playfield is pretty good. Reasonably tidy under the playfield. An aftermarket CPU. I think that’s it.

I wouldn't be selling it but I'm going to be losing some storage space and I could do with the space.

GI-11.jpgGi-10.jpgGi8.jpgGi7.jpgGi6.jpgGi3.jpgGi2.jpgGi.jpgGi4.jpg

I'm after £1,000. I'm just outside of Monmouth. Martin hasn't been to this place but it isn't too remote and loading is easy (for a change)!

Any other pictures of anything do let me know as I'm sure I've missed something.

(G.I. lights a bit flakey and computer controlled lights decided to go out yesterday so I'll have to have a look at that....) - 14/8/20

It has had what rubbers it needed a few months ago and comes with spare rubbers. I cleaned and waxed the playfield. I totally forgot that actually! Cabinet is solid and has no water damage, mouse poop or spiders (that I'm aware of) hidden inside.

Oh, comes with an original manual with a loose front cover too!

Last edited:
£1,050 Bump
As some of the GI lights are out and the computer controlled lights have decided to stay out for some stupid reason!

To answer a couple of questions - the alkali damaged CPU board was replaced & I replaced the connectors. The ramp and island both move OK, there is an error which shows on the boot test sequence.
The CPU board and power supply board both are pinled.com boards.

See pics.

Gill.jpg
Gi14.jpg

Gi-15.jpg
Gi17.jpg

Rich

Currently looking for my first pinball and looked at this a few times...good idea or not ?
Unsure about some of the errors/faults and couldn't work out exactly wasn't working or how much work/cost would be required to fix it :(

Plays, all sounds, DMD works fine etc. I'll try to film you a video tomorrow actually so you can see what works and doesn't. I'll upload a video somewhere and post the link on here.

[
Currently looking for my first pinball and looked at this a few times...good idea or not ?
Unsure about some of the errors/faults and couldn't work out exactly wasn't working or how much work/cost would be required to fix it :(
The one I just bought had an island/ramp issue which was cured by installing the latest version eprom, assuming it’s not any dry joints on the opto board causing the problem.
Go for it. I’m in Leicester if you need help. Ken

@paul1962 You probably wont get any other DMD game for the same money.

I've only played GI a couple of times, dont really remember it, but I dont remember it being terrible either. If you don't like it, move it on and try something else. You will be able to get most if not all of your money back on this without issue.

I'm 3 beers in and thinking of buying this, so please buy it before I get a bit more tipsy and push the button on yet another machine I don't have space for...

Paul, the first pinball I owned was a Popeye.

It wasn't Medieval Madness granted, but for a bit over a grand it allowed me to own a pin and confirm that it was a hobby I'd like to pursue. I've been on here for about a year now and couldn't change a bulb to begin with but people will offer to help as you've seen.

As Dan said you'll not find a DMD for the same money and to be fair that's a lot of toy for £1k. I'm pretty damn sure that you'll be able to move it on for similar money.

It's your first pin, a DMD for £1k, pffft no brainer.

It may have been on here a while but that is probably due to the market as it stands, buying pins is like buying houses, it takes other games to move around for there to be some movement. You would get more than your money back on ebay, although the spirit of the community is to keep games on here, unless you have to sell outside (such as it being on for too long and you needing it gone).

The general consensus is that this game is a little shallow and more of an entry level pin, hence why it comes with an entry level price tag. Personally, I am of the view every single game has playability and this is something you can learn skills on and without frame of reference of a super deep, and comparatively expensive game. I think this a great place to start.

Ahh didn’t notice the opto issue - id ask OP to change that at your cost If you go for it. Getting a game off the bat that needs an opto will be frustrating. I’d say start with bulbs, rubbers and cleaning.

Ahh didn’t notice the opto issue - id ask OP to change that at your cost If you go for it. Getting a game off the bat that needs an opto will be frustrating. I’d say start with bulbs, rubbers and cleaning.

Same here, I missed that too.

Like I posted above. Mine had no dry joints on the opto board but it was version L-6 eprom. Latest was L-9 and it cured it. Opto change would’ve been the next step.

I'm a noobie with an EM game and I'm also tempted. What's an opto by the way?

I'm a noobie with an EM game and I'm also tempted. What's an opto by the way?

It’s something you don’t need to worry about with an EM. It’s an IR sender/receiver to form a circuit. Break the beam to activate the switch

Back
Top Bottom