What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant Art out of Scrap... (ish)

Sutol

Registered
I posted a couple of pics in the alien thread of these huge hand made sculptures made out of metal, nuts, blots, chains ect.
Most pics where in the Forum Shops at Ceasers Palace,. The hulk was on the strip in a little poky unit next to a 2bit souvenir shop. Even got me and Jan photo bombing batman. ;) I stand about 6ft 2 so you see how big it is IMG-20161217-WA0048.jpeg IMG-20161217-WA0052.jpeg IMG-20161217-WA0046.jpeg IMG-20161217-WA0039.jpeg IMG-20161217-WA0037.jpeg IMG_20161217_210203.jpg IMG_20161217_210036.jpg IMG-20161217-WA0043.jpeg

I have often considered doing a night course in welding just so I can make these things. I'm a 3D Modeller and Animator. The quality of construction of these looks great but with the exception of the Hulk the posing is really pretty awful. Will look into courses again I think...

Saw these in Vegas, up close I was not so impressed, lot of specially made bits to get the same effect as the smaller ones that have been around for ages.
Great size though, and certainly would be a talking point

I wouldn't bother paying out for a welding course if all you want to do is clag one of these things together as there is very little proper welding involved.

If you have a friend with the knowhow and equipment you would be best spending a few hours with them

Yeah that's true, it's not like I'd be welding the chassis on a car, although it would be good if limbs didn't fall off onto members of the public. I could probably learn to weld the way I learn everything else these days.....YouTube :)

Back
Top Bottom