What's new

GI problem with Rocky & Bullwinkle

Mark

Registered
Hi guys,

Today I have noticed that I have lost some of the GI on my R&B. The GI is not working on the top half of the playfield, and the back box. The lower playfield GI is all fine, as are all of the controlled lamps.

Could anyone suggest where I should start looking for the cause of this? Am I right in assuming that there is a correlation between the backbox GI and upper playfield GI, as it seems odd that they have failed together?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Hi guys,

Had a quick look and I believe connector J5 provides power to the GI. When I checked the J5 connector, it is scorched in the middle so I assume this is the problem - however what is odd is that when I wiggle the wires on the connector, it does not bring the GI on (as it would when I've had similar things on Williams/Bally games with J120/J121).

Anyway, it looks like this connector will need replacing - does anyone know where I could get one, or even better, have one they could sell me or lend me until my next spares order? It is a 9 pin female connector I need.

If it sounds like I'm barking up the wrong tree, let me know :)

Cheers, Mark

Thanks Carl! However, I've just noticed the usual pinball places stock them too (I could only find 11 way to start with, but most do 9 as well) so I will get one ordered.

Cheers, Mark

Back
Top Bottom