What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI and LED OCD purchasing

Durzel

Registered
Ello,

Where/how is the cheapest place to get this in the UK?

I know Comet sell LED OCD, but not the GI OCD. The European supplier of Gi OCD is ridiculous on pricing. Herg (the maker) doesn't ship outside of the US.

Is there onward shipping services that I can use, or am I going to have to wait until someone I know goes to the States again? (which is how I got it the last time around)

Thanks in advance :)

Same situation for me, after buying the Afterglow boards this seems a bit steep to me☹️

No doubt at all that it's an expensive option, for me it's more about how do you keep that expense to a minimum, because buying from EU re-sellers adds an unnecessary lofty premium making it totally non-viable.

I wish there was a turn-key plug & play version of the Afterglow boards as life's too short, but there isn't yet... So Herg's solution is my only choice right now.

Got an unused Stern OCD board right now, and but no spare B/W GI/LED OCDs.

I wish there was a turn-key plug & play version of the Afterglow boards as life's too short, but there isn't yet... So Herg's solution is my only choice right now.
Same. I greatly admire what has been achieved with the Afterglow, and shows whats possible at near cost prices, but I honestly don't have the time or the skills to make cables up etc. LED/GI OCD is perfectly turnkey for me, and even installing those is a bit of an ordeal even though it really isn't a big deal.

It doesn't even look like Pinballshop.nl stock GI OCD anymore, even at their vastly inflated price, so f**k knows how one is supposed to get it in Europe now?

Last edited:
I've asked Twister who organised the Afterglow build if theres any news on geting the Afterglow Nano and GI version made .
Will let you know the outcome

I will start a thread for these to see how many you guys want to see if the qty will kick start a new build.

LED ocd, I think is great - but the bang for your buck on GI lights is much less impressive in my book. Just my 10c

True.. it is more game dependant. Seems strange to have dimming on only some of the bulbs in the game though, particularly if the game does do GI dimming at all.

Comet has GI OCD again in stock and if he doesn't have your particular one just give him a message - all it took for him to stock them originally was an email from us asking if he would - he's very attentive and his price is better than buying direct.

Well spotted. They have it listed as a drop-down under "LED OCD" which confused me. Naturally assumed they still didn't stock it.

The price is marginally more ($14) than buying direct from ledocd.com, which is impossible anyway because he doesn't ship internationally.

Gives me an excuse to buy some more bulbs anyway :)

Yep the option used to be to use a freight forwarder which made it more expensive than comets very reasonable shipping.

Import duty and handling is around 18 quid once it gets into her majesties hands.

I've been pretty unlucky with Comet in terms of customs charges. Most often than not it's been caught and I've had bills of £40-£50 or more to pay. On an order ~$300 or more I would expect another £50 odd quid in customs fees etc if it gets stopped.

LED ocd, I think is great - but the bang for your buck on GI lights is much less impressive in my book. Just my 10c
I totally agree.

By knowing what LED OCD is and accepting the need for it; you’re already in the minority, so GI OCD flows off the back of that in my opinion. Neither mod is good value, especially when you factor in decent LEDs on top, but both are required for LEDs to be done right on games with GI dimming. LEDs can be done far more easily and far more cheaply if you don’t care or are blind to it.

I'm a bit of a weirdo that if I fitted LED OCD I would be... agitated if I didn't also do the GI one at the same time.

I've been pretty unlucky with Comet in terms of customs charges. Most often than not it's been caught and I've had bills of £40-£50 or more to pay. On an order ~$300 or more I would expect another £50 odd quid in customs fees etc if it gets stopped.

I spend thousands with comet and have always got Custom charges

Back
Top Bottom