What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghosterbuster - Proton Gun Mod

swinks

Site Supporter
Alias
Swinks
I have been wanting to do this mod for ages and it could quite possibly be the first ball interactive game play changing mod (could be wrong there) but finally put those holes near the apron to good use.

This is using home printed parts and currently having professionally parts made so will look better and it will light up as well.

How does it activate? Looks very similar to old fashioned UK skill posts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wellllllll, everyone complains about the outlanes being drain monsters - so now you can bust out the protons

think of it as easier than nudging but it is a challenge to watch the balls, activate the flippers and then activate the protons with your foot

my kids now love to play the game so that's a win

Was that what this mod was going to do on the factory version of the game?

Stern was going to put in "don't cross the streams" mechs which was not ball interactive and was going to be activated with the lock down button.

It was cut out due to cost which I understand why but don't know anything more other than the stream rods were very straight, lit up when used and you couldn't have them touch.

Attachments

• mech1.jpg
    mech1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 38
  • mech2.jpg
    mech2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 38
  • mech3.png
    mech3.png
    213.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
almost there - most parts are in from the various places and almost ready for installing and testing the professionally printed parts

still got to work out a clean way to install the LEDS when the guns are activated

Attachments

• IMG_6715.JPG
    IMG_6715.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6721.JPG
    IMG_6721.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 17
cheers guys, yeah it has alot of parts and won't be the cheapest mod and it is one of very few ball interactive, game changing mods

but my gut tells me not alot of sales, so probably one of my last sadly

This is just a quick video in response to a couple of inquires about the Proton Gun Mod:

- Shows that the ball can still go down the outlanes when the Proton Guns are not used or not activated.
- Shows that the proton guns can stop the ball by blocking the outlanes
- Shows that you can use the Proton Gun Mod to hit the ball and with the right timing and deflect away from the outlane.
- Shows that it can catch the ball midway down the outlane with no issues or damage.

And lastly shows that I can't always direct the ball to the outlane :D

Here is the second showing a test rig used to house the LHS and RHS servos as well as the servo driver boards in their simulated installation position and then I preset the servo driver boards so the servo horns are set at the correct angle.

The rig still needs an angle guide added but this video gives you the idea of what I will do requiring you to do very little except install and fine tune adjust as shown in the video - no programming needed - just a screwdriver.

Please excuse my voice....

Back
Top Bottom