What's new

Getting hold of cab art stencil's

Friz

Registered
Hey guys,
Im thinking of repairing the art on the front of my cab as its quite damaged on the 'Gottlieb' lettering. The rest of the surrounding area is just satin black so easily repainted but the logo is obveously more challenging. I dont want to freehand paint it over because no matter how good you are, it just never looks original.

So i want to try get a stencil to put on ofter spraying black and then go over it in red paint. Since Gottlieb's all seem have the same size lettering on the front under the coin door, im hoping you can get a stencil for this. can anyone give me any info on these please if they have come across such a thing.

I would even considder a vinyl sticker but a stencil is my preference really.

Thanks all.

the trouble with that surely is that i need to cut round the lettering and that is only going to be as accurate as my cutting?

i have had a look and thy dont seem to. Thats the trouble with Gotts i have found, you just cant get bits for restoring them very easy because no one repo's stuff that much.

Do you think, if i got a vinyl sticker made up, but requested the outer part of the sticker too, then used that as a stencil to put on the cab and spray over? Do we think that would work or will the vinyl just peel off when it touches the spray paint and leave me with a mess?

i have had a look and thy dont seem to. Thats the trouble with Gotts i have found, you just cant get bits for restoring them very easy because no one repo's stuff that much.

No one repro's coz you can still get NOS and the like from pinball resource. Try asking them first! www.pbresource.com

Back
Top Bottom